Dr. Cara A Mathews MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Gynecologic Oncology101 Dudley St Providence RI, 02905
Dr. Cara Mathews is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Providence, RI. Dr. Mathews specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Mathews can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Mathews can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth 2005
- Ovarian Cancer
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Brown University Affiliated Hospitals 2006
- Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital Program
- University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Fellow:Gynecological Oncology 2009
Dr. Cara A Mathews MD's Practice location
Providence, RI 02905Get Direction
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Get Direction
PROVIDENCE, RI 02903Get Direction
Dr. Cara A Mathews MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mathews
- Why You Should Exercise During Pregnancy
Exercise is not only beneficial to pregnant women, but to the baby as well. It is better to talk with your OBGYN before starting an exercise program. There are a lot of exercises that are available and appropriate for each trimester. However, not all pregnant women are advised to exercise. Vigorous...
- Laparoscopy for Endometriosis
What is laparoscopy?Laparoscopy is a common procedure used for diagnosing and removing mild to moderate endometriosis. The surgeon puts a small viewing instrument known as laparoscope through a small abdominal cut. If more access is needed, the surgeon makes a small cut or two on the abdomen to...
- Breastfeeding Led to Discovery of Breast Cancer. It Saved Her Life
Hillary Karels and her fiancé, Dahlton, began dating back in 2011 on New Year’s Eve. Seven months later, they learned that they were expected their first child. On July 2nd of 2013, Karels gave birth to a baby boy, which the couple named Jackson. Although they did not expect to become parents so...
- Chemotherapy for Cervical Cancer
What is chemotherapy?Chemotherapy is a form of cancer treatment that uses medicine to kill the cancer cells. The cancer cells are being damaged and killed so that they will not be able to reproduce and spread. It is usually used if there is a risk that cancer will spread or when it has already...
- Foods to Eat When Breastfeeding
IntroductionThe phase of pregnancy in itself is a beautiful experience, and once the baby arrives, there are so many thoughts crossing the new mother’s mind. The first thought that comes in is whether the baby would get enough breast milk. Similar to the pregnancy phase, the process of...
- What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a medical condition characterized by an implantation and growth of the endometrial tissue outside of the uterus. It affects women of the reproductive age, usually between 25-years-old and 40-years-old. Endometriosis is never diagnosed in girls before puberty and it tends to resolve...
- Kurian Thott6th Avenue & Spruce Street Reading PA 19611
- Dr. Pablo Rodriguez MD407 East Ave Pawtucket RI 02860
- Dr. Tolga N Kokturk MD333 School St Pawtucket RI 02860
- Dr. Melanie Sass Greenman MD101 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Michael Economos MD215 Tollgate Road Warwick RI 02886
- Dr. Alexander M Friedman MD101 Dudley St Providence RI 02905