Dr. Marnix A Verhofste M.D.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon411 Laurel St Suite A250 Des Moines IA, 50314
Dr. Marnix Verhofste is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Verhofste specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Verhofste typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Rijksuniversiteit Gent 1986
UNIVERSITY OF GRONINGEN 1986
Abia State University Faculty of Medicine 1986
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Marnix A Verhofste M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50314Get Direction
Dr. Marnix A Verhofste M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Verhofste
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Dr. David R Hockmuth M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Garry Dean Weide D.O.1111 6th Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Ganga Prabhakar M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Bart P Jenson M.D.1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Robert H Zeff M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Christopher Bernard Komanapalli M.D.1215 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309