Dr. Namita Vinayek MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology529 S Jackson St Louisville KY, 40202
Dr. Namita Vinayek is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Louisville, KY. Dr. Vinayek specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Lady Hardinge Medical College MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Namita Vinayek MD's Practice location
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Sioux Falls, SD 57105Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62702Get Direction
Dr. Namita Vinayek MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vinayek
- The Link Between Lymphoma Radiotherapy and Mesothelioma
One of the more common forms of treatment for lymphoma is radiotherapy. This involves using radiation to kill the cancer cells in the lymph nodes. New studies have produced concerning findings regarding radiation therapy, and point towards another induced risk of using the practice.The StudyThe...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- Lymphoma News: Mother Gives Birth to Healthy Daughter after Chemo During Pregnancy
Chemotherapy has a reputation for its not-so-great side effects. As many people know, chemotherapy is known to cause off target symptoms for most cancer patients such as nausea and vomiting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. In addition to the symptoms that one may experience during treatment, some of...
- Treatments for Multiple Myeloma
The cancer care crew discusses what treatment will suit you after multiple myeloma has been diagnosed and staged. The following are treatments used in multiple myeloma:...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- Dr. Naveed Chowhan MD3605 NORTHGATE CT STE 204 NEW ALBANY IN 47150
- Dr. Christopher C Croot MD100 E LIBERTY ST LOUISVILLE KY 40202
- Dr. William Tse MD529 S JACKSON ST LOUISVILLE KY 40202
- Dr. Andrew J Hart MD4003 Kresge Way Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Alfonso Cervera M.D.100 E Liberty St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Aftab A Chaudhry MD100 E Liberty St Louisville KY 40202