Dr. William Johnson is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Johnson performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A new solution for the removal of the smear layer.
- Optimizing implantable cardioverter-defibrillator treatment of rapid ventricular tachycardia: antitachycardia pacing therapy during charging.
- Effects of raw material and rotational speed on the cyclic fatigue of ProFile Vortex rotary instruments.
- Magnetic resonance imaging in patients with a pacemaker system designed for the magnetic resonance environment.
- Effect of insulation material in aging pacing leads: comparison of impedance and other electricals: time-dependent pacemaker insulation changes.
- A new methodology for atrial flutter ablation by direct visualization of cavotricuspid conduction with voltage gradient mapping: a comparison to standard techniques.
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
William Ben Johnson M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50314Get Direction
WEST DES MOINES, IA 50266Get Direction
William Ben Johnson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.5880 UNIVERSITY AVE WEST DES MOINES IA 50266
- Prasad R Palakurthy M.D.1301 Penn Ave Des Moines IA 50316
- Steven J Bailin M.D.411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Robert H Hoyt M.D.5880 UNIVERSITY AVE WEST DES MOINES IA 50266
- Frank Nelson Haugland M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Pamela Lynne Nerheim M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266