Dr. Sagar Patel practices Sleep Medicine in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Patel studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Sleep Medicine
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Dr. Sagar H Patel MD's Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Sagar H Patel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Sleep Apnea and its Influence on Fatigue in the Workplace
Everyone is different. When comparing two individuals side by side, they are seldom identical, even in the way they react to the same stimuli. Even if they live together, it is common to observe that roommates, couples, or those who share a close relationship can respond differently to same...
- Not Feeling Quite Right: How Sleep Apnea Affects the Brain
Sleep apnea has earned a lot of popularity lately. The terrifying disease can cause healthy people to decease unexpectedly during the night. It was certified as one of the causes of Carrie Fisher’s death, the legendary 60-year-old actress who played Princess Leia in the successful movie saga, Star...
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Home Sleep Apnea Testing
A common disorder that causes patients to stop breathing while sleeping is known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). This happens when the upper airway becomes blocked, resulting in temporary impairment of airflow during sleep. There are millions of recorded cases of OSA, however, many remain...
- Reliable Method for Diagnosing Sleep Apnea at Home
One of the most common complications of sleep apnea doesn’t revolve around the symptoms themselves, but rather on the difficulty to actually diagnose the disease. Sleep apnea is, as its name suggests, a sleep disorder characterized by the subject’s inability to breathe properly during sleep,...
- Tips for Traveling with a CPAP Machine
A well-working CPAP can make all the difference for sleep apnea patients who need to improve their quality of life. Sometimes, they may not even think about a night without it by their bedside. But when you are a frequent traveler, this could be an issue.Travelers may experience several issues with...
- Tracking Sleep Apnea with a Portable Pulse Oximeter
Portable pulse oximeters are typically used to monitor how much oxygen is moving through the bloodstream. Basically, it’s the most effective and least invasive way to make sure that a patient has the right amount of oxygen and CO2 in their body. ...
- Dr. Janardana P. Kaimal MD4820 Lake St Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Shashidhar M Shettar M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Ankur Bindal M.D., M.P.H1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Alp S Baran M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Howard Roffwarg M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Dan Lucian Dumitru MD707 Dr. Michael Debakey Drive Lake Charles LA 70601