Karen T Dix MD
Family Practitioner911 E. San Antonio Drive Suite 4 Long Beach CA, 90807
Dr. Karen Dix is a Family Doctor serving the Long Beach area for more than 25 years. Dr. Dix is experienced in Alzheimer's Disease, Osteoporosis/Osteoarthritis and Hypertension. She is a member of the ...
Education and Training
University of Illinois Chicago Medical Center M.D. 1978
University of Illinois at Champaign Urbana, Illinois B.S. Biology 1974
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Physician Recognition AwardAmerican Medical Association
- Award of Appreciation - Outstanding Services Fullerton College
- Certificate of AchievementHealthCare Partners
- Family Medicine
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Cancer Screening
- Chronic Pain Syndrome
- Complete Physical Exam
- Dexa Referrals
- Dmv Evaluations
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Executive Physicals
- Gynecology L
- High Cholesterol
- Mammography Referrals
- Post-operative Evaluations
- Pre-operative Evaluations
- Sports/school/scout Physicals
- Thyroid Disorders
- Weight Management
- Annual Physicals
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Blood Testing / Lab Work
- Colds, Flu, Respiratory Infections
- Flu Shots
- Health Screening
- Professional MemberAmerican Academy of Family Physicians
- Professional MemberCalifornia Academy of Family Physicians
- Professional MemberDoctors of Excellence
- Professional MemberDisaster Medical Assistance Team
- University of California at Irvine Family Medicine 1984
Karen T Dix MD's Practice location
Karen T Dix MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Dix
- Sofie c.
Found the right doctor.
- Claudia a.
- Heather b.
Best Decision Ever.
- Elizabeth d.
Difficulty in finding a good doctor.
- Michael h.
Excellence in treatment.
- Cecelia h.
Happy with Primary Care Physician .
- Roma o.
- Dianne .
Listens and addresses concers.
- Lorena e.
- Isador p.
Happy with my Primary Care Physician .
- Sherry a.
- Mario e.
- Chris r.
- Lupe .
Dr. Dix and staff are very caring .
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- What Is the Cause of an Underactive Thyroid Gland?
Gaining weight? Feeling colder? Feeling depressed? Hypothyroidism could be the reason behind it.What is hypothyroidism?Also known as low thyroid or underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is characterized by underactive thyroid glands that fail to produce an adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These...
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- Dr. Ludlow Creary MD266 S Harvard Blvd Los Angeles CA 90004
- Dr. Kedy Ying Jao D.O.12675 La Mirada Blvd La Mirada California 90638
- Mr. Mark David Schneider D.O.10800 Paramount Blvd Downey CA 90241
- Dr. Judith A. Garcia M.D.528 Capitola Ave Capitola California 95010
- Holly Lucille N.D.7235 SANTA MONICA BLVD WEST HOLLYWOOD CA 90046
- Dr. Anna C Liu D.O.11100 Warner Ave Fountain Valley CA 92708