Dr. Valerie Leong is a psychiatrist practicing in Galesburg, IL. Dr. Leong is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Leong diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Leong may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Leong treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Member AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION
- Member AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Psychiatry
Dr. Valerie Sze-lynn Leong M.D.'s Practice location
Galesburg, IL 61401Get Direction
Dr. Valerie Sze-lynn Leong M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- When Do the Symptoms of Autism Begin to Surface?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects children as early as infancy. It is usually characterized by delay in or deviation from standard patterns of development, primarily in areas such as social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and interests.A lifelong condition, the exact...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- Dr. Jayalakshmi Attaluri MD765 N KELLOGG ST GALESBURG IL 61401
- Dr. Todd Pogue DO2323 Windish Drive Galesburg IL 61401
- Dr. Kevin Franklin Satisky M.D.2323 Windish Dr Galesburg IL 61401
- Dr. Alexis Andres Rojas M.D., M.P.H.600 S LINWOOD RD GALESBURG IL 61401
- Dr. Mohammad Sami MD2323 Windish Drive Galesburg IL 61401
- Dr. Philip H Ulm PSY D3315 N Seminary St Galesburg IL 61401