Dr. Hugh Johnston practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Madison, WI. Dr. Johnston evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Johnston seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1982
- U Wisc Hosp
- University of Wisconsin Program
Dr. Hugh F. Johnston MD's Practice location
Madison, WI 53715Get Direction
Dr. Hugh F. Johnston MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Dr. Brian A Vasey MD780 Regent St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Lidija Petrovic-dovat M.D.1313 Fish Hatchery Rd Madison WI 53715
- David V Skripka Other202 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Karen K Milner MD780 Regent St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Douglas A Kramer MD780 Regent St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Graham A Cody M.D.700 Regent St Madison WI 53715