Dr. Timothy A Thomsen MD
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Timothy Thomsen is a vascular surgeon practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Thomsen specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Thomsen diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1974
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 1974
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Thoracic Surgery; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, General Surgery; St John'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- LECOMT/St John's Episcopal Hospital Program
Dr. Timothy A Thomsen MD's Practice location
Dr. Timothy A Thomsen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thomsen
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. Luigi Pascarella M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Rachael M Nicholson M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. William J Sharp MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Melhem J Sharafuddin MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jun Xu M.D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Eanas S Yassa M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242