Dr. Richard Bafford is a vascular surgeon practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Bafford specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Bafford diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Tulane University School of Medicine 2001
- Venous Insufficiency
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Leg Ulcer
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
Dr. Richard A Bafford MD, MSPH's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Bel Air, MD 21014Get Direction
Dr. Richard A Bafford MD, MSPH's reviewsWrite Review
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. Edward R Jewell MD41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Giovanni Agostino Ferrante MD780 Main St South Weymouth MA 02190
- Dr. William Mark Nannery MD490 Chapman St Canton MA 02021
- Dr. Christopher John Kwolek MD15 Parkman St Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Stephen P Maloney MD110 Liberty St Brockton MA 02301
- Dr. Maria Elizabeth Litzendorf M.D.710 E 6th St Boston MA 02127