Dr. George A Spanos MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology9610 Metropolitan Ave Forest Hills NY, 11375
Dr. George Spanos is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Forest Hills, NY. Dr. Spanos specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
University Athens-Faculty Medical, School Of Health & Science MD
University Athens-Faculty Medical, School Of Health & Science 1973
University of Athens School of Health Sciences 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
- Method development and validation for the HPLC assay (potency and related substances) for 20 mg paroxetine tablets.
- Development and validation of an HPLC assay for fentanyl, alfentanil, and sufentanil in swab samples.
- Hypocholesterolemia in myeloproliferative disorders.
- High-performance liquid chromatography with light-scattering detection and desorption chemical-ionization tandem mass spectrometry of milk fat triacylglycerols.
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Elmhurst Hosp Ctr-Mt Sinai, Internal Medicine
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center Program
Dr. George A Spanos MD's Practice location
Forest Hills, NY 11375Get Direction
Dr. George A Spanos MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Spanos
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Exercise Proven to Help Lymphoma Patients
People always say that exercise is the best medicine. It's been proven through many years of research that regular exercise is really important to maintain a healthy body and mind. Doctors are always reminding their patients of the benefits of physical exercise and the power it holds to fight...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- Facts About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a certain form of cancer of the plasma cell, which is part of the immune system. It initiates in the bone marrow, where the blood cells are produced.The immune system is made of variety of cells that fight infections and keep the body healthy. What takes place in bone marrow...
- Astonishing Clinical Trial Results Show Promise for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Research
There’s good news for those who’ve been diagnosed with the aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) type referred to as diffuse large-B cell (DLBCL). According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), this type of HNL is the most common type of lymphoma.The descriptive letters clarify the type of...
- Daughter's Donation Gives Mom with Lymphoma a Fighting Chance
Chyanne Ojageer, a 14-year-old teenager from Kissimmee, Florida, became one of the youngest bone marrow donors in the state when she donated her own bone marrow to help save her mother’s life.Neisha Ojageer, never in her wildest dreams thought that her daughter would be the person to save her...
- David Jin6 Clinton Court Staten Island New York 10301
- Dr. Donna T. McNamara MD92 2nd Street Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Inna Sominsky M.D.1660 E 14th St Brooklyn NY 11229
- Dr. Hal Gerstein MD225 COMMUNITY DR GREAT NECK NY 11021
- Pilar Nava-Parada20 W 72nd St New York NY 10023
- Dr. LiHong Wei M.D.17660 Union Tpke Fresh Meadows NY 11366