Dr. Atif Ali Ahmed MD
Pathologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pathology2401 Gillham Rd Children's Mercy Hos Kansas City MO, 64108
Dr. Atif Ahmed practices Pediatric Pathology in Kansas City, MO. As a pediatric pathologist, Dr. Ahmed is skilled in the diagnosis and characterization of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of children. Pediatric pathologists gain expertise in the laboratory diagnosis of diseases that occur during fetal growth, infancy, and child development.
Education and Training
University of Khartoum, Faculty of Medicine,Khartoum, Sudan 1988
University of Khartoum Faculty of Medicine 1988
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- A Fryns syndrome-like phenotype with mosaic t(1;22)(q12;p12) chromosomal translocation.
- Sinonasal rhabdomyosarcoma in children and young adults.
- Pathology teach and tell: fibrinogen storage disease in a child with hypofibrinogenemia and decreased ceruloplasmin.
- Adrenocortical neoplasms in young children: age as a prognostic factor.
- Claudins in human cancer: a review.
- Neutrophils in biliary atresia. A study on their morphologic distribution and expression of CAP37.
- Claudin-1 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of different organs: comparative study of cancerous tissues and normal controls.
- Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum and right ventricular dependent coronary circulation through the "vessels of Wearn".
- Engraftment of donor mesenchymal stem cells in chimeric BXSB includes vascular endothelial cells and hepatocytes.
- Therapy resistance mechanisms in Ewing's sarcoma family tumors.
- CYP3A isoforms in Ewing's sarcoma tumours: an immunohistochemical study with clinical correlation.
- Akt and Hippo Pathways in Ewing's Sarcoma Tumors and Their Prognostic Significance.
- Cytologic and Immunophenotypic Features of Malignant Cells in Pediatric Body Fluids.
- Immunohistochemical detection of the receptor activator of nuclear factor Kappa B ligand and c-fos in giant cell granuloma.
- Cancer diagnostics: The journey from histomorphology to molecular profiling.
- Columbia Presb Med Center 1996
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Program
Dr. Atif Ali Ahmed MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Dr. Atif Ali Ahmed MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahmed
- Is Testicular Cancer Hereditary?
In testicular cancer, germ cells that populate the seminiferous tubules of the testes, and which are responsible for growing into matured sperm, seem to lose control and multiply without pause, creating a larger mass of tumorous tissue. Besides pain, swelling and fluid accumulation, testicular...
- Water Breaking Before Labor: What You Need to Know
Pregnancy is a beautiful experience for all women; however, many precautions must be taken during the complete nine months that a mother carries their child. As a woman reaches her third trimester, it is important to be extra careful and look out for any signs of labor. The need for care only...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Does My Child have Whooping Cough?
What is pertussis?Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a highly contagious airborne disease of the respiratory system and can occur in children, adolescents, and adults of any age, unless they are vaccinated. The frequency of the occurrence in the U.S. are very promising, as annually there are 5,000 to...
- Comparative Value of PARP Inhibitors is Lacking, According to ICER Report
The Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, also known as ICER, is a non-profit organization that analyzes the value of new medical tests, treatments, and drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The goal of ICER is to use the value of these innovations and develop reports...