Dr. Atif Ali Ahmed MD
Pathologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pathology2401 Gillham Rd Children's Mercy Hos Kansas City MO, 64108
Dr. Atif Ahmed practices Pediatric Pathology in Kansas City, MO. As a pediatric pathologist, Dr. Ahmed is skilled in the diagnosis and characterization of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of children. Pediatric pathologists gain expertise in the laboratory diagnosis of diseases that occur during fetal growth, infancy, and child development.
Education and Training
University of Khartoum, Faculty of Medicine,Khartoum, Sudan 1988
University of Khartoum Faculty of Medicine 1988
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- A Fryns syndrome-like phenotype with mosaic t(1;22)(q12;p12) chromosomal translocation.
- Sinonasal rhabdomyosarcoma in children and young adults.
- Pathology teach and tell: fibrinogen storage disease in a child with hypofibrinogenemia and decreased ceruloplasmin.
- Adrenocortical neoplasms in young children: age as a prognostic factor.
- Claudins in human cancer: a review.
- Neutrophils in biliary atresia. A study on their morphologic distribution and expression of CAP37.
- Claudin-1 expression in squamous cell carcinomas of different organs: comparative study of cancerous tissues and normal controls.
- Pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum and right ventricular dependent coronary circulation through the "vessels of Wearn".
- Engraftment of donor mesenchymal stem cells in chimeric BXSB includes vascular endothelial cells and hepatocytes.
- Therapy resistance mechanisms in Ewing's sarcoma family tumors.
- CYP3A isoforms in Ewing's sarcoma tumours: an immunohistochemical study with clinical correlation.
- Akt and Hippo Pathways in Ewing's Sarcoma Tumors and Their Prognostic Significance.
- Cytologic and Immunophenotypic Features of Malignant Cells in Pediatric Body Fluids.
- Immunohistochemical detection of the receptor activator of nuclear factor Kappa B ligand and c-fos in giant cell granuloma.
- Cancer diagnostics: The journey from histomorphology to molecular profiling.
- Lymph node metastasis of presacral ependymoblastoma in a young child.
- YAP and the Hippo pathway in pediatric cancer.
- Neuroblastoma in children: Update on clinicopathologic and genetic prognostic factors.
- Columbia Presb Med Center 1996
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Program
Dr. Atif Ali Ahmed MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Dr. Atif Ali Ahmed MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahmed
- Facts About Sepsis
Sepsis develops when your body becomes overwhelmed by an infection. It is a very severe illness and can cause widespread inflammation, other problems and sometimes even death. Here are some facts you should know about this life-threatening illness.Sepsis DefinedThis is a severe condition which...
- Get More Fiber in Your Diet
Most of us know that fiber is important for our diet. However, many of us do not know how much fiber is required for us to be healthy. According to the Institute of Medicine, an average adult consumes only 15 grams of fiber per day, but an average woman requires 25 grams of dietary fiber, while men...
- Diagnosing Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a serious lung infection that can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. It is a common disease, especially among the elderly and bed-ridden patients. Although it is quite serious, it can be easily treated....
- Omega 3 and its Role in Lupus
All autoimmune diseases, including lupus, are multifactorial, there is no single cause of these diseases. In lupus,your immune system attacks the normal body cells for no apparent reason, and very little is known about the triggers of the disease. Lupus is more common in females of child bearing...
- Do You Need Future Breast Augmentations After Having One?
A study done by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2007 suggested that breast augmentation was the most common surgery in America. Evidently, 347,524 women underwent the procedure in that year alone.This increase in cases of breast augmentation has mostly been due to the undeniable...
- Free Online Seminar on Intimacy for Parkinson's Patients
Chronic and degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, lupus, and fibromyalgia, among many others, may dramatically alter the patient’s way of life in order to compensate for their symptoms. Said diseases may cause significant changes in their daily habits, and even make...