Dr. Ashley Rice is a speech language pathologist practicing in JOHNSON CITY, TN. Dr. Rice specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Rice evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Rice helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ashley M. Rice CCC-SLP's Practice location
JOHNSON CITY, TN 37614Get Direction
Ashley M. Rice CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Mrs. Casey E. Bacon M.S. CCC-SLP302 WESLEY ST JOHNSON CITY TN 37601
- Vijaya Kumar Guntupalli PH.D.807 UNIVERSITY PKWY JOHNSON CITY TN 37614
- Mr. John C. Pennington M.A., CCC-SLP1909 GLEN ECHO RD JONESBOROUGH TN 37659
- Madison Ramsey Light M.S., CCC-SLP302 WESLEY ST JOHNSON CITY TN 37601
- Margaret Ann Garland M.A.639 CANNON ROAD LIMESTONE TN 37681
- Mr. Dennis Russell Lutz SLPJAMES H. QUILLEN VAMC MOUNTAIN HOME TN 37684