Sherilyn Smith, MD: Professor of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. Dr. Smith's interests are in medical education, teaching and curriculum development. She is the co-director of the medical student pediatric ...
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, San Diego
- UCSD-Kaiser San Diego
Sherilyn Smith's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98105Get Direction
Sherilyn Smith's reviewsWrite Review
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Lyme Disease in Children
Lyme disease can affect anyone, regardless of age or gender. However, those who spend a lot of time outdoors are at a higher risk for Lyme disease because they are exposed to ticks more than others. According to research, children are more commonly affected by Lyme disease because they spend more...
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Is Cholera Contagious?
Is Cholera Contagious?Cholera is one of the most dangerous infections that has claimed the lives of many people especially people living in very poor environmental areas. These are areas where there is poor sanitation, poor ventilation, and dirty water. Most of the victims of cholera over many years...
- Orchitis After Mumps
Orchitis is an inflammatory condition of the testes caused by an infection from a virus or bacteria. The infection could be because of mumps, mononucleosis or STDs. Infection due to bacteria develops from the progression of epididymitis, a tube that carries semen out of the testes. Mumps virus is...
- Dr. Matthew Patterson Kronman MD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Scott Weissman Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Heather Jaspan MD, PHD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Tamara C. Pozos Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Surabhi Vora MD5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Jairam R Lingappa MD4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105