Dr. Nnamdi Nwaohiri, MD, MPH
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology575 Professional Dr Ste 290 Lawrenceville GA, 30046
Dr. Nnamdi Nwaohiri is a nephrologist practicing in Lawrenceville, GA. Dr. Nwaohiri specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Nwaohiri most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Dr. Nnamdi Nwaohiri, MD, MPH's Practice location
Lawrenceville, GA 30046Get Direction
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- What Causes Rhabdomyolysis?
Rhabdomyolysis is a condition in which the muscles are rapidly broken down resulting in the release of myoglobin — the muscle protein — into the blood. This is a rare condition, and the release of myoglobin into the blood can lead to damage of kidneys. It is mostly caused by muscle injury and...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- Dr. Abid Bashir M.D.16 East William Street Winder GA 30680
- Dr. Madhurima Adulla M.D665 DULUTH HWY STE 401 LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30046
- Dr. Susan C Hill M.D.5671 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. William George Paxton M.D., PH.D.595 HURRICANE SHOALS RD NW LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30046
- Dr. Karen Muro M.D.595 HURRICANE SHOALS RD NW STE 100 LAWRENCEVILLE GA 30046
- Dr. Absar Mirza MD4500 Hospital Blvd Roswell GA 30076