Dr. Carlos F Zayas MD
Transplant Surgeon1968 Peachtree Rd Nw 77 Building 5th Floo Atlanta GA, 30309
Dr. Carlos Zayas is a transplant surgeon practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Zayas specializes in organ transplants, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the kidneys, liver, pancreas, intestines, heart, lungs, tracheal tissue and more. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Zayas performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Zayas works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
- Evidence that microdeletions in the alpha globin gene protect against the development of sickle cell glomerulopathy in humans.
- MK-591 acutely restores glomerular size selectivity and reduces proteinuria in human glomerulonephritis.
- Early glomerular dysfunction in human renal allografts.
- Glomerular involvement in adults with sickle cell hemoglobinopathies: Prevalence and clinical correlates of progressive renal failure.
- Contrasting effects of calcium channel blockade versus converting enzyme inhibition on proteinuria in African Americans with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and nephropathy.
Dr. Carlos F Zayas MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30309Get Direction
CHARLESTON, SC 29425Get Direction
Dr. Carlos F Zayas MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zayas
- What Are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids, or leiomyomata, are smooth muscle tumors that develop within or outside the wall of the uterus. The muscle cells start growing abnormally resulting in a fibroid, which is just a benign tumor. These fibroids are very common and almost all women might develop fibroids at one point in...
- How Family Pets can Benefit Children with Autism
Pets are the silent loyal friends who stay with us in our homes, yet their importance goes beyond just being pets. They offer great company and will always stick around no matter what. To children with autism, these animals are not just company; they are companions.In a study conducted on parents of...
- Is Restless Legs Syndrome Related to Other Conditions?
Restless legs syndrome is a condition that causes an irresistible and overwhelming urge to move your legs. The sensations get aggravated by rest and alleviated by movement. Although this condition is serious, it is totally curable. RLS is characterized by:• Semi-rhythmic leg movements during...
- Is It Possible to Gain Weight When Using Lyrica for Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia causes widespread chronic pain, as well as a heightened pain response to both touch and pressure. Symptoms include chronic muscle pain, fatigue, sleep issues, and tender trigger points, which are usually treated by a mixture of medications and lifestyle changes, like diet and stress...
- Ten-Year-Old Becomes World’s Youngest Breast Cancer Survivor
Annette Turner and her husband Troy were both 35 when they had their second child, a daughter named Chrissy. As she grew up, many things must have been on their minds, not the least of which was the fact that they had both had their own battles with cancer in their lifetimes. Annette had survived...
- Understanding a Breast Cancer Biopsy Report
When a physician suspects that a patient may have breast cancer, they will likely call for a biopsy to be done in order to make an exact diagnosis and begin the prognosis stage. In order to do a biopsy tissue, cells, or lumps must be removed from the breast and sent to the lab in order to be tested....
- Dr. Stuart J Knechtle MD5105 WMB ATLANTA GA 30322
- Dr. Andrew Briane Adams MD, PHDEmory University School Of Medicine Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Christie W Gooden MD1968 PEACHTREE RD NW ATLANTA GA 30309
- Dr. Miguel Tan M.D.1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Roshan Shrestha MD1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Ahmed Nassar1364 CLIFTON RD NE ATLANTA GA 30322