Dr. Alexander Toledo is a general surgeon practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Toledo specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Toledo provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
University of Mi Med Sch 2000
University of Michigan Medical School 2000
- The medical legacy of Benjamin Rush.
- American Civil War: part I.
- American Civil War. Part II.
- Reactive oxygen species and molecular biology of ischemia/reperfusion.
- Selectin inhibition modulates Akt/MAPK signaling and chemokine expression after liver ischemia-reperfusion.
- Molecular signaling pathways in ischemia/reperfusion.
- Molecular biology of apoptosis in ischemia and reperfusion.
- The surgeon as a scientific writer.
- John Collins Warren: Master educator and pioneer surgeon of ether fame.
- Ryanodine receptor antagonism protects the ischemic liver and modulates TNF-alpha and IL-10.
- Evaluation of a novel cold storage solution (HBs) in a rat kidney transplant model.
- Protein kinases in organ ischemia and reperfusion.
- Antioxidants in ischemic disease.
- Nitric oxide mechanism of protection in ischemia and reperfusion injury.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
Dr. Alexander Horacio Toledo MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
Dr. Alexander Horacio Toledo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Toledo
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Dr. Sebastian De la fuente MDDuke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Jacob Niall Schroder M.D.40 Duke Medicine Cir Durham NC 27710
- Bryan Clary M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Theodore Nick Pappas MDBox 3479 Dumc Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Linda Carime Cendales M.D.12405 Myterra Way Herndon VA 20171
- Dr. Steven Vaslef M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710