Dr. Mark Owen Rester M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1855 Lakeland Dr P121 Jackson MS, 39216
Dr. Mark Rester is a psychiatrist practicing in Jackson, MS. Dr. Rester is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Rester diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Rester may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Rester treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1998
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Psychiatry
Dr. Mark Owen Rester M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
Jackson, MS 39211Get Direction
FLOWOOD, MS 39232Get Direction
Dr. Mark Owen Rester M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rester
Quality Patient Care (Parent of an Adolescent Child)..
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- How Common is Binge-Eating Disorder?
Individuals with Binge eating disorder (BED) experience episodes of binge eating or excess eating. They may also skip meals constantly, but they will not purge after binges. Although not always, the condition can eventually cause significant weight gain. Most people with BED try to hide their binge...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- Dr. Bashir Ahmed M.D.2076 West Buena Vista Street Springfield Missouri 65810
- Michael E. Williams NP5501 Marvin Shields Blvd Gulfprt Mississippi 39501
- Dr. Deepika Majithia M.D.1500 E Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Andrew Charles Bishop MD971 Lakeland Dr Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Santrise Goree M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. Kurt Alan Buechler MD576 Highland Colony Parkway Ridgeland MS 39157