Dr. William Merkel is a psychologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Merkel specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Merkel evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Merkel because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Help-seeking patterns of community residents with depressive symptoms.
- Teaching Medical Students How to Talk with Patients about Cardiovascular Risk Factor Modification.
- The use of covert sensitization and social skills training in the treatment of an obscene telephone caller.
- Reexamination of the relationship between birth order and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- A qualitative review of psychosocial treatments for bulimia.
- Applying modern management principles to clinical administration of a behaviorally oriented inpatient unit.
- Relation of depression to specific medical complaints in psychiatric inpatients.
- Status of behavioral medicine in American and Canadian medical training.
- Inpatient behavior therapy: the St. Louis University model.
- The family and family medicine: should this marriage be saved?
- Physician perception of patient satisfaction. Do doctors know which patients are satisfied?
- Behavioral science training in family practice residency education: a first evaluation.
- Carcinoma of the bladder.
- Sexual history and quality of current relationships in patients with obsessive compulsive disorder: a comparison with two other psychiatric samples.
Dr. William Taylor Merkel PHD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97232Get Direction
Dr. William Taylor Merkel PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is the name given to a broad spectrum of non-specific symptoms, including fatigue, nervousness, anxiety, and digestive problems. The condition is not a medical diagnosis and the term is not medically accepted. In general, it refers to the theory that these symptoms are caused by poor...
- Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction Is Psychological
It has become a popular myth that watching too much of pornography can cause an erectile dysfunction in men. Many men, who are addicted to porn, are reported to have a porn-induced erectile dysfunction. There are many doctors and reports that explain that this disease is rather psychological in...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- What Is Insomnia? Get the Facts
Insomnia is also known as sleeplessness. It is a sleep disorder where people have trouble sleeping. Insomnia is caused by several factors. People with insomnia have abnormal sleeping patterns as well as daytime sleepiness, irritability, and a depressed mood. They may also have an increased...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Can You Get Back Pain From Stress?
Sometimes, the pressures of life become too much to handle, and stress becomes the norm. When stress lasts for too long, it becomes a source of many health complications. The effects of stress are only in the mind in most cases. However, extreme cases of stress may affect some parts of the body in...
- Dr. Garen Leeann Weitman PSY.D.19995 SW Stafford Road West Linn OR 97068
- Christine Genevieve Glenn PHD.1815 Nw Flanders St Portland OR 97209
- Dr. Joanna Marie Cullins PSYD.2621 NE 134TH ST STE 340 VANCOUVER WA 98686
- Dr. Laura Beth Schwerin PH.D.967 Willamette Falls Drive West Linn OR 97068
- Dr. James (jim) Charles Johnson PH.D.516 Se 71st Ave Portland OR 97215
- Dr. Aimee Gerrard-morris PHD2801 N Gantenbein Ave Portland OR 97227