Dr. Leslie Scott Smith MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease236 W 6th St Suite 100 Reno NV, 89503
Dr. Leslie Smith practices Pulmonology in Reno, NV. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Smith manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine 1976
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Robust sound onset detection using leaky integrate-and-fire neurons with depressing synapses.
- Precision constrained stochastic resonance in a feedforward neural network.
- A tool for synthesizing spike trains with realistic interference.
- A new spike detection algorithm for extracellular neural recordings.
- Neuromorphic systems: past, present and future.
- A neurally inspired musical instrument classification system based upon the sound onset.
- A Bio-Realistic Analog CMOS Cochlea Filter With High Tunability and Ultra-Steep Roll-Off.
- A Power-Efficient Capacitive Read-Out Circuit With Parasitic-Cancellation for MEMS Cochlea Sensors.
- Why sharing matters for electrophysiological data analysis.
- Toward a neuromorphic microphone.
- Naval Med Ctr-San Diego, Pulmonary Diseases; Naval Hospital, Internal Medicine; Naval Hospital, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) Program
Dr. Leslie Scott Smith MD's Practice location
Reno, NV 89503Get Direction
Dr. Leslie Scott Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- Bronchitis: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Acute bronchitis is mainly caused by a viral infection, whereas cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic bronchitis.Causes of acute bronchitisAcute bronchitis can be caused viral and bacterial organisms. Out of all, the most common viruses responsible for acute bronchitis include...
- Is There a Link Between Asthma and Bronchitis?
Bronchitis and Asthma are both inflammatory conditions that affect lungs where a person’s airways swell up, causing them breathing problems.Asthma, also known as bronchial asthma, is characterized as a chronic condition in which a person’s airways become inflamed, narrow and swollen, and produce...
- Is Asthma More Difficult to Control in Fibromyalgia Patients?
For those who have fibromyalgia, there are various symptoms that will be experienced. Further studies now show that one of them would be maintaining other underlying conditions, such as asthma. What does asthma have to do with fibromyalgia and how does the chronic illness affect your...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Marvel Comics Supports Cody Sheehan's Captain America Campaign for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition that afflicts individuals from birth. Over the years, the prognosis of the condition has gotten far better, but at one point in time, the disease was so devastating that individuals diagnosed at birth rarely lived past childhood. Such was the case for Cody...
- Hookah Health Facts: Is It Safe?
What is a hookah?Hookahs are basically water pipes that are used for smoking. Specially made tobaccos for hookah smoking are available in various flavors such as chocolate, watermelon, apple, mint, coconut, cherry, and licorice. Even though others feel that smoking hookah is a safer alternative to...
- Dr. Stephen Albert Baez MD236 West Sixth St Reno NV 89503
- Dr. Jeffrey Paul Bacon MD236 W 6th St Reno NV 89503
- Dr. Christina Ann Szot MD236 West Sixth St Reno NV 89503
- Dr. Michael Angelo Lucia MD1441 Pullman Dr Sparks NV 89434
- Dr. Shibu Skaria M.D.236 W 6th St Reno NV 89503
- Dr. Anthony A Floreani MD236 W 6th St Reno NV 89503