Dr. Whitney Dixon is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Chico, CA. Dr. Dixon specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Dixon can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Dixon can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca 1992
University of California 1992
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Breast Cancer
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center Program
Dr. Whitney Deaun Dixon MD's Practice location
Chico, CA 95926Get Direction
Chico, CA 95926Get Direction
Dr. Whitney Deaun Dixon MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Trichomoniasis: What You Need to Know
What is trichomoniasis?Trichomoniasis or "trich" is a common infection of the reproductive organs. It spreads by sexual contact with the infected person. For this reason, it is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). Women are invariably at greater risk. However, the infection is not...
- Over-The-Counter Painkillers Taken During Pregnancy May Affect Male Infertility
According to a recent study published in the journal, Human Reproduction, some of the common over-the-counter pain killers taken during pregnancy may result in male infertility. This study conducted on 2,300 Danish and Finnish women shows that even acetaminophen can affect the reproductive health...
- Squelching Ovarian Cancer: The Not-So-Silent Killer
Regardless of its widely-known nickname, ovarian cancer is not really a silent killer. There are symptoms, but they are fairly noticeable or commonly mistaken for another condition, such as irritable bowel syndrome. As a result, the search progresses for new biomarkers, more positive outcomes, as...
- Painkillers Can Increase Your Risk of Miscarriages
Use of non-aspirin anti-inflammatory painkillers may increase the risk of miscarriages in women, according to a new study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal. This new study is large with more than 52,000 pregnant women from Canada. The study results show that women who had...
- The Health Benefits of Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a group of fat soluble vitamins that plays a major role in the function of our immune system as well as in vision and cellular communication. Vitamin A serves several important functions that help us to maintain a healthy body. It is important in helping to keep our eyesight,...
- Moms With Asthma Can Breastfeed Their Babies Without Worry
According to a new study, moms with asthma can breast feed their babies, as this practice may not increase the risk of asthma in children. In this study, the researchers followed up babies until they are 12-years-old with the aim of assessing the impact of breastfeeding in the development of lungs....
- Dr. Mark S Garrison DO1025 Village Ln Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Mark G Schwabe M.D.1645 Esplanade Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Gregory Lynn Davis M.D.1040 MANGROVE AVE CHICO CA 95926
- Dr. Scott Duane Mellum M.D.101 W 2nd Ave Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Joseph T Brooks MD1430 Esplanade Chico CA 95926
- Dr. Raleigh J Unterseher M.D.1315 Esplanade Chico CA 95926