Dr. Stephanie Harris Applebaum M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology12935 Gregory St Blue Island IL, 60406
Dr. Stephanie Applebaum is a pathologist practicing in Blue Island, IL. Dr. Applebaum is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Applebaum can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Applebaum may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1986
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Northwestern Mem Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Md Med Sys, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Stephanie Harris Applebaum M.D.'s Practice location
Blue Island, IL 60406Get Direction
Dr. Stephanie Harris Applebaum M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Applebaum
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Dr. Rafael Z. Campanini M.D.1044 North Francisco Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Stefan E Pambuccian MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Mary Schneck M.D.120 N Oak St Hinsdale IL 60521
- Dr. Brian Daniel Bolton M.D.303 E Chicago Ave Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Amir Behdad M.D.8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles CA 90048
- Dr. Chuang Shian Kiang M.D.2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park IL 60805