Dr. Christian E. George M.D.
OphthalmologistHenry Ford Health System 15401 E Jefferson Grosse Pointe MI, 48230
Dr. Christian George is an ophthalmologist practicing in Grosse Pointe, MI. Dr. George specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. George can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. George can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1991
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Eye Problems, Eyelid Lift, Lens Implant And More
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member Henry Ford Medical Group
- Univ Cincinnati Medical Center, Plastics/Reconstructive 1996
Dr. Christian E. George M.D.'s Practice location
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230Get Direction
Dr. Christian E. George M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. George
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- What are Eye Floaters?
Eye floaters are small, moving specks on the eyeball that often occur in one's field of vision. These grey or black dots, become more prominent while looking at a bright object. If the floaters are large they may shadow vision, but in most cases, eye floaters are harmless. People often neglect or...
- What are the Pros and Cons of Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery, short form for laser in situ keratomileusis, is the most exercised surgical option for correcting eye vision discrepancies in America. Its immense popularity has a lot to do with the significant vision improvement it brings about completely dispensing eyeglasses or contact lenses....
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- Dr. Marshall N Cyrlin MD29275 Northwestern Hwy Southfield MI 48034
- Dr. Samir A. Shah M.D.5600 New King Dr Troy MI 48098
- Dr. Michael J. Clune M.D.25511 Little Mack Ave Saint Clair Shores MI 48081
- Dr. Aman Khaled Shukairy MD4717 Saint Antoine St Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. Anne M. Nachazel M.D.25511 Little Mack Ave Saint Clair Shores MI 48081
- Dr. Zaaira Mushtaq Ahmad MD4717 Saint Antoine St Detroit MI 48201