Dr. Jordan S Gitlin MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology334 Underhill Ave Building 3c Yorktown Heights NY, 10598
Dr. Gitlin is Assistant Professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He graduated from Binghamton University and received his medical degree from Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse, New York. Dr.Gitlin ...
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1994
Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Problems with Urination
- Wetting (Day and Night)
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Urinary Tract / Bladder Infection
- Abnormal urination, frequency, painful urination, blood in urine
- Spina bifida complications
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary obstructions (hydronephrosis)
- Stones in Urinary Tract
- Trauma/Injury to any part of the urogenital system
- Disorders of Sexual differntiation (Intersex disorders)
- Kidney (cystic kidney diseases, malformations, obstructions)
- Tumors and cancer (absent kidney, duplication anomalies, horshoe kidney, hydronephrosis, pelvic kidney, reflux, stones)
- Ureters (blockages, duplication anomalies, hydronephrosis, megaureters, reflux, stones, stictures)
- Bladder (diverticulum, exstrophy and epispadias, obstruction, reflux, tumors and cancer)
- Penis (abnormal development, abnormal urinary stream, adhesions, chordee, circumcision, epispadias, hidden penis, hypospadias, injury, meatal stenosis, micropenis, newborn cicumcision, phimosis, webbed penis)
- Testis and groin (absent testis, epididymitis, hernias, hydroceles, infections, retractile testes, spermatoceles, pain, torsion, undescended, varicoceles)
- Female Genital Disorders (abnormal development, labial adhesions, urinary and genital birth defects)
- In Univ Sch Of Med, Pediatric Urology; Nyu Hospitals Center, Urology; Nyu Hospitals Center, General Surgery
- In University School Of Med
Experience & Accolades
- REsidencyNew York University Medical Center
Dr. Jordan S Gitlin MD's Practice location
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598Get Direction
SOMERS, NY 10589Get Direction
New Hyde Park, NY 11042Get Direction
Commack, NY 11725Get Direction
Riverhead, NY 11901Get Direction
Dr. Jordan S Gitlin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gitlin
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Dr. Israel Franco MD334 Underhill Ave Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. Edward F Reda MD334 Underhill Ave Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. Lori Dyer MD334 Underhill Ave Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. Richard Schlussel MD3959 Broadway New York NY 10032
- Dr. Steven C Friedman MD334 Underhill Ave Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. John H. Makari MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106