Dr. Gem-estelle M Lucas D.O.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry3500 S Lafountain St Kokomo IN, 46902
Dr. Gem-estelle Lucas is a psychiatrist practicing in Kokomo, IN. Dr. Lucas is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lucas diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lucas may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lucas treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Mending a broken HAART: a report from the 2nd International Workshop on Salvage Therapy.
- Directly observed therapy for the treatment of HIV: promises and pitfalls.
- Report from the 38th IDSA: preserving the immune response to HIV, HAART, and long-term toxicities.
- Developments in opportunistic infections from IDSA and ICAAC 2000.
- HIV-associated lymphomas: the last opportunists?
- Treatment of antiretroviral-experienced patients: new data from the 8th CROI.
- Hand care begins with prevention in elementary schools.
- Kidney disease in antiretroviral-naïve HIV-positive adults with high CD4 counts: prevalence and predictors of kidney disease at enrolment in the INSIGHT Strategic Timing of AntiRetroviral Treatment (START) trial.
- Risk of End-Stage Renal Disease in HIV-Positive Potential Live Kidney Donors.
Dr. Gem-estelle M Lucas D.O.'s Practice location
Kokomo, IN 46902Get Direction
FLEMINGTON, NJ 08822Get Direction
Dr. Gem-estelle M Lucas D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lucas
Get to know Adult Psychiatrist, Adolescent Psychiatrist and Addiction Medicine Physician, Dr. Gem Lucas, who serves the population of New Jersey.
Dr. Lucas currently serves patients at Hunterdon Healthcare in New Jersey and is affiliated with Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch Campus. Hunterdon Healthcare System is recognized as a national model for offering community focused health improvement that is consumer-centered and driven by a passion for excellence. Before Hunterdon Medical Center opened its doors on July 3, 1953, Hunterdon was the only county in New Jersey without a hospital. By 1963, Hunterdon Medical Center had become one of the first hospital’s in the nation to allow fathers in the delivery room. The hospital expanded its residency program to two years, and implemented a pioneering home care program.
Dr. Lucas’ career began when she received her medical degree from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. Driven to further her education and expertise, she completed her residency and fellowship with UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She is board certified in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Psychiatrists diagnose and treat mental illness, such as depression, anxiety disorders, substance abuse, and schizophrenia. Most psychiatrists rely on a mix of medications and psychotherapy.
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- Dr. Alok K. Sarda M.D.2216 W Alto Rd Kokomo IN 46902
- Dr. Anuradha Thumuluri MD322 N Main St Kokomo IN 46901
- Dr. Erika C Cornett MD322 N Main St Kokomo IN 46901
- Dr. Rachelle Ann Steiner M.D.5282 W 250 S Russiaville IN 46979
- Dr. Susan E Krier M.D.1907 W Sycamore St Kokomo IN 46901
- Dr. John Charles Stewart M.D.1907 W Sycamore St Kokomo IN 46901