Dr. Anu Sampat MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology305 Seguine Ave Staten Island NY, 10309
Dr. Anu Sampat is a gastroenterologist practicing in Staten Island, NY. Dr. Sampat specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Sampat performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute 1989
M.S. Ramaiah Medical College 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens/Cornell University Medical College Program
Dr. Anu Sampat MD's Practice location
Staten Island, NY 10309Get Direction
Dr. Anu Sampat MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sampat
- Know the Symptoms of Colon Cancer
In order to recognize if you have colon cancer, it is vital to know the signs and symptoms of colon cancer. However, most of the symptoms caused by a carcinoma of the colon can also be seen with other diseases that isn’t a cancer, such as hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, and infections of...
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- What Causes Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is the frequent flow of loose, watery stool through the intestines causing muscle contraction and abdominal pain. Stool follows its path through the anus and gets watery when the digestive system consumes too much fluid or gets infected with viruses, bacteria, or parasites. A loose stool...
- The Truth About Treatment Options for Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease develops as a result of inflammation in the ileum. Strong evidence supports that there is a virus responsible for this inflammation.Although inflammation is generally localized in the ileum, it can affect the entire gastrointestinal (GI) tract. This inflammation causes agitation of...
- Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Ulcerative Colitis Flare-Ups
Ulcerative colitis is one of those medical conditions a person must learn to live with for the rest of their life. It has no cure, and ignoring the symptoms can be potentially deadly. After the initial bout with ulcerative colitis, and with proper treatment, the individual is said to be in remission...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Dr. David L. Carr-Locke MD FRCP10 Nathan D Perlman Pl New York NY 10003
- Dr. Gil I. Ascunce M.D.161 Madison Ave Suite 10 SW New York NY 10016
- Dr. Victor W. Groisser M.D.37 Glen Ave West Orange NJ 7052
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD305 2nd Avenue New York New York 10003
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016