Dr. Nicholas Fitzsimons is a urologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Fitzsimons specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Medical technologies for the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
- A single-institution comparison between radical perineal and radical retropubic prostatectomy on perioperative and pathological outcomes for obese men: an analysis of the Duke Prostate Center database.
- Obese men have higher-grade and larger tumors: an analysis of the duke prostate center database.
- Prostate cancer screening and treatment recommendations.
- MemberAmerican Urological Association
- Duke University Hospital 2009
Dr. Nicholas J Fitzsimons MD's Practice location
Durham, NC 27710Get Direction
Charlotte, NC 28204Get Direction
CHARLOTTE, NC 28210Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas J Fitzsimons MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fitzsimons
- What Are the Complications of Erectile Dysfunction?
What Are the Complications of Erectile Dysfunction?Erectile dysfunction is a condition that affects an important part of a man’s life. It interferes with his sexual functionality, and this may have adverse effects on both him and his sexual partner(s). Aside from psychological effects, the man...
- Myrbetriq Side Effects and Usage
Generic Name: MirabegronBrand Name: MyrbetriqWhat is Myrbetriq?Myrbetriq (mirabegron) is a prescription medication that is FDA-approved for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) along with its symptoms, such as urinary frequency, urgency, and leakage in adults. This medication helps control...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- Prostate Drugs May Not Increase the Risk of Fractures
About 8 million men in the U.S. between the ages of 50-years-old and 79-years-old suffer from enlarged prostate glands. Drugs used to treat an enlarged prostate gland, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), are of two types: 5-alpha reductase inhibitors and alpha-blockers. In a study,...
- Dr. John Vicotr Kaspar M.D.1112 Gracie Place Goldsboro North Carolina 27534
- Dr. Brent A. Sharpe M.D.660 Lanier Park Drive Gainesville Georgia 30501
- Dr. Judd Moul M.D.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Andrew Charles Peterson MDMadigan Army Medical Center Tacoma WA 98431
- Dr. Mathew Cameron Raynor M.D.101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Neil H Grafstein MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704