Dr. Daniel Mark Macalpine MD
Family Practitioner3600 West Lincoln Way Mcfarland Clinic, Pc Ames IA, 50010
Dr. Daniel Macalpine is a family practitioner practicing in Ames, IA. Dr. Macalpine specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Macalpine possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- The numbers of individual mitochondrial DNA molecules and mitochondrial DNA nucleoids in yeast are co-regulated by the general amino acid control pathway.
- Replication and preferential inheritance of hypersuppressive petite mitochondrial DNA.
- Palmoplantar keratoderma as the initial sign in a peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
- Type I elements mediate replication fork pausing at conserved upstream sites in the Tetrahymena thermophila ribosomal DNA minichromosome.
- Developmental regulation of DNA replication: replication fork barriers and programmed gene amplification in Tetrahymena thermophila.
- The high mobility group protein Abf2p influences the level of yeast mitochondrial DNA recombination intermediates in vivo.
Dr. Daniel Mark Macalpine MD's Practice location
Ames, IA 50010Get Direction
AMES, IA 50014Get Direction
Dr. Daniel Mark Macalpine MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Macalpine
- What Is the Cause of an Underactive Thyroid Gland?
Gaining weight? Feeling colder? Feeling depressed? Hypothyroidism could be the reason behind it.What is hypothyroidism?Also known as low thyroid or underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is characterized by underactive thyroid glands that fail to produce an adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- Dr. Michael Robert Bird M.D.1018 Duff Ave Ames IA 50010
- Dr. Fred C Marsh MD1105 N Ankeny Blvd Ankeny IA 50023
- Dr. Marc Shulman M.D.Isu Thomas B. Thielen Student Health Center Ames IA 50011
- Dr. Rienera S Sivesind MD2724 MEADOW GLEN RD AMES IA 50014
- Dr. Shannon C. Hood DO120 NW 36TH ST ANKENY IA 50023
- Dr. Matthew James Baughman M.D.1018 Duff Ave Ames IA 50010