Helen Mccollum is an acupuncturist practicing in Virginia Beach, VA. Dr. Mccollum evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Mccollum treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Helen L Mccollum LAC's Practice location
Virginia Beach, VA 23464Get Direction
Helen L Mccollum LAC's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for Acupuncture
There are no special or specific preparations before undergoing an acupuncture treatment. However, if you are thinking about having an acupuncture, there are some things you might want to consider first before going through it. You can start by:...
- Baby Acne: What are the Causes and Treatments?
What causes Baby Acne?Baby acne, as well as a lot of adult acne, usually appears as red bumps and pimples on baby’s skin. The bump may be surrounded by red skin. The baby is also likely to develop whiteheads or white pustules. The causes of baby acne have not been specified and remain unclear at...
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- The Risks of Acupuncture
The risks associated with acupuncture are minimal if you have a competent, qualified acupuncture practitioner.Possible complications and side effects include:Worsening of Pre-existing SymptomsWhilst most people experience a significant improvement in their condition following acupuncture, some...
- What Is Nighttime Back Pain?
What Is Nighttime Back Pain?Nighttime back pain is a more painful and irritating type of back pain, unlike other types back pain that disappears after some posture adjustment. The nighttime back pain is more persistent, even present during the night. It is also known as nocturnal back pain....
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- Ms. Lynn M Almloff LAC287 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach VA 23462
- Dr. Neida Caseres L.AC.,DIPL.AC, OMD.7704 Quarterfield Rd Glen Burnie MD 21061
- Paul Fioravanti ACUPUNCTURIST5833 Harbour View Blvd Suffolk VA 23435
- Mr. Charles Allison Miller L.AC129 W Virginia Beach Blvd Norfolk VA 23510
- Dr. Yinghua Li L.AC.1015 Eden Way N Chesapeake VA 23320
- Mr. Bryon Robert Jones LAC DIPL AC MTOM CH680 Kingsborough Sq Chesapeake VA 23320