Mary Parkolay is an acupuncturist practicing in Blue Ridge Summit, PA. Dr. Parkolay evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Parkolay treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress.
Mary Jo Parkolay MAC, LAC's Practice location
Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214Get Direction
Mary Jo Parkolay MAC, LAC's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- The Risks of Acupuncture
The risks associated with acupuncture are minimal if you have a competent, qualified acupuncture practitioner.Possible complications and side effects include:Worsening of Pre-existing SymptomsWhilst most people experience a significant improvement in their condition following acupuncture, some...
- How to Prepare for Acupuncture
There are no special or specific preparations before undergoing an acupuncture treatment. However, if you are thinking about having an acupuncture, there are some things you might want to consider first before going through it. You can start by:...
- Latest Acupuncture Techniques Show Improvement in Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Scientists have no exact cause of fibromyalgia, but it is often thought to be related to the following conditions:...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- Jeffrey Thompson Worth L.AC.27 S Main St Boonsboro MD 21713
- Mrs. Kara Michelle Houck L.AC., M.AC.28 S Potomac St Hagerstown MD 21740
- Mr. Edward Mitchell O'brien L.AC. MMQ2311 Fairfield Rd. Gettysburg PA 17325
- Meagen Stouffer L.AC.394 FLORAL AVE CHAMBERSBURG PA 17201
- Mr. Thomas Read Merrill L.AC376 Mill St Hagerstown MD 21740
- Brooks Wuerdemann MAC, LAC27 S MAIN ST BOONSBORO MD 21713