Dr. Derrick Tesseneer is a nephrologist practicing in Jackson, MS. Dr. Tesseneer specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Tesseneer most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med 2006
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- University of Mississippi Medical Center Program
Dr. Derrick H. Tesseneer M.D.'s Practice location
Jackson, MS 39216Get Direction
Flowood, MS 39232Get Direction
FLOWOOD, MS 39232Get Direction
Dr. Derrick H. Tesseneer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Is Glomerulonephritis Diagnosed?
GlomerulonephritisGlomerulonephritis is the inflammation of kidney filters called glomeruli. These filters are made up of tiny blood vessels that help remove excess fluids, waste from the bloodstream, and electrolytes. This condition can happen on its own or may occur as part of chronic diseases,...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- Dr. Francis M Phillippi MD1010 Lakeland Square Ext Flowood MS 39232
- Dr. Mark N. a. Klein MD1010 Lakeland Square Ext Flowood MS 39232
- Dr. Mohit Ahuja M.D.1010 Lakeland Square Ext Flowood MS 39232
- Dr. Lindsey Thurmon Norris M.D.1010 Lakeland Square Ext Flowood MS 39232
- Dr. Wilson M Parry MD1010 Lakeland Square Ext Flowood MS 39232
- Dr. Ami R Patel MD102 RIVERVIEW DR FLOWOOD MS 39232