Dr. Alan Stein is a urologist practicing in Alton, IL. Dr. Stein specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1976
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Urology; Barnes-Jewish Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Dr. Alan Joel Stein MD's Practice location
Alton, IL 62002Get Direction
Dr. Alan Joel Stein MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stein
- Risk Factors for Testicular Cancer
Testicular cancer happens when germ cells within the male testicles start reproducing in an uncontrolled manner, resulting in a mass of tissue called a tumor. Germ cells are cells that eventually grow into sperm cells, and germ cell tumors account for more than 98 percent of all cancers affecting...
- Reasons Why You May Need Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is an operation that is used to remove hydrocele from an individual. The term hydrocele refers to the accumulation of serum fluid around the testicle. This fluid is secreted by a pouch of serous membrane that lines the testicles called tunica vaginalis.Hydrocele that occurs to infants...
- Is Syphilis Curable?
Syphilis is a venereal disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It is sexually transmitted and takes second place among the most dangerous STDs after HIV. It has four stages, among which primary and secondary are the most infectious. It is also transmitted from an infected pregnant...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- 6 Health Benefits of Taking a Sitz Bath
What is a sitz bath?A sitz bath is a shallow bath using warm water to help ease pain or itching in the perineum, the area between the anus and the scrotum or vulva. The word sitz is derived from the German word sitzen, meaning to sit. A sitz bath is usually recommended for people who have an anal...
- What Is Uribel Used For?
What is Uribel?Uribel is a prescription drug used for pain relief, discomfort, frequent or urgent urination, and urinary cramps or spasms due to certain diagnostic procedures or urinary tract infection. This medication belongs to the class of urinary antiseptics, urinary analgesics, or...
- Dr. Ralph J. Torrence MD4921 PARKVIEW PL STE 11C SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Dr. Youssef S Tanagho MD, MPH4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Adam S Kibel MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Steven W Bigg MD215 Dunn Rd Florissant MO 63031
- Dr. Jonathan Michael Mobley MD4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Steven Benjamin Brandes M.D.4921 Parkview Pl Saint Louis MO 63110