Dr. Jason D Conway MD
Hepatologist | HepatologyMedical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC, 27157
Dr. Jason Conway is a hepatologist practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Conway specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2002
- Regulation of mucin secretion from human bronchial epithelial cells grown in murine hosted xenografts.
- The role of endoscopic ultrasound in biliary strictures.
- Endoscopic ultrasound in the evaluation of radiologic abnormalities of the liver and biliary tree.
- A novel method for performing multiple wire insertions during endoscopic cyst gastrostomy.
- Diagnosis and management of gallbladder polyps.
- The Role of EUS in the Investigation of Abdominal Pain of Possible Pancreatic Origin.
- Endoscopic ultrasound for diagnosis and surveillance of gastrointestinal stromal tumors in an 11-year-old child.
- Successful treatment of Barrett's esophagus with radiofrequency ablation in a patient with severe reflux esophagitis following fundoplication.
- Characteristic endoscopic ultrasound findings of ampullary lesions that predict the need for surgical excision or endoscopic ampullectomy.
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Esophageal Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Colon Polyps
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Member North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology
- Member American College of Gastroenterology
- Member American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member American Gastroenterological Association
- University of Virginia Affiliated Hospitals 2002
- Internal Medicine, U Va Health Sciences Ctr 2002
- University of Virginia Program
- Medical University of South Carolina, Advanced Endoscopy, SC, USA 2006
- University of North Carolina Hospitals, Gastroenterology, NC, USA 2005
- Internal Medicine, Univ No Carolina Affil Hosps 2005
- Internal Medicine, Medical Univ Of South Carolina 2006
Dr. Jason D Conway MD's Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Jason D Conway MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Conway
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Hepatitis: 5 Ways You Can Contract This Disease
In 1990s hepatitis was considered as a widespread health problem. About 1.4 million people all over the world get hepatitis A annually. It has been estimated that in parts of Asia and Africa, approximately one in ten people suffers from chronic Hepatitis B. Hepatitis is a condition which involves...
- What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B, also known as HBV, is a disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus. This virus interferes with liver functions and can cause pathological harm. Normally, the infected person can get rid of this virus, but very few cannot, and thus becomes chronically infected. This virus can be fatal,...