Dr. Jason D Conway MD
Hepatologist | HepatologyMedical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC, 27157
Dr. Jason Conway is a hepatologist practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Conway specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2006
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2002
- Regulation of mucin secretion from human bronchial epithelial cells grown in murine hosted xenografts.
- The role of endoscopic ultrasound in biliary strictures.
- Endoscopic ultrasound in the evaluation of radiologic abnormalities of the liver and biliary tree.
- A novel method for performing multiple wire insertions during endoscopic cyst gastrostomy.
- Diagnosis and management of gallbladder polyps.
- The Role of EUS in the Investigation of Abdominal Pain of Possible Pancreatic Origin.
- Endoscopic ultrasound for diagnosis and surveillance of gastrointestinal stromal tumors in an 11-year-old child.
- Successful treatment of Barrett's esophagus with radiofrequency ablation in a patient with severe reflux esophagitis following fundoplication.
- Characteristic endoscopic ultrasound findings of ampullary lesions that predict the need for surgical excision or endoscopic ampullectomy.
- Hiatal Hernia
- Acid Reflux
- Esophageal Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Colon Polyps
- Aerolase® Technologies
- MemberNorth Carolina Society of Gastroenterology
- Member American College of Gastroenterology
- Member American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member American Gastroenterological Association
- University of Virginia Affiliated Hospitals 2002
- Internal Medicine, U Va Health Sciences Ctr 2002
- University of Virginia Program
- Medical University of South Carolina, Advanced Endoscopy, SC, USA 2006
- University of North Carolina Hospitals, Gastroenterology, NC, USA 2005
- Internal Medicine, Univ No Carolina Affil Hosps 2005
- Internal Medicine, Medical Univ Of South Carolina 2006
Dr. Jason D Conway MD's Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27157Get Direction
Dr. Jason D Conway MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Conway
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- Can Mononucleosis Affect My Liver?
Mononucleosis (mono) is not typically a serious disease, but it may lead to serious complications. Mononucleosis results from the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) that belongs to the herpes family. This virus is so common that most adults in their thirties have already developed immunity against it. The...
- Is Hepatitis B Contagious?
The hepatitis virus is one of the liver’s greatest enemies. It causes infections that can severely malfunction the liver, resulting in various conditions like scarring of the liver, liver failure, or even liver cancer. The hepatitis viruses have three types, namely, A, B, and C. While all three...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...