Sharon Ngan, MD, is a leading pulmonologist currently serving patients at Kaiser Southern California Permanente Medical Group/Antelope Valley Medical Office Pulmonary Department in Lancaster, California. As a pulmonologist, she specializes in respiratory diseases including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema and lung cancer. She splits her time between the hospital ICU where she treats critical cases and her clinical practice where she addresses the needs of members with chronic lung diseases. Dr. Ngan also oversees Kaiser Permanente??s sleep clinic where they diagnose and treat sleep apnea and complex hypoventilation disorders. After earning her medical degree in 1997 at the University of Newcastle School of Medicine, she completed her internship at John Hunter University Hospital, her residency at Interfaith Medical Center, and her fellowship at New York??s Methodist Hospital. Dr. Ngan is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Sleep Medicine.
- Interfaith Medical Center
- John Hunter University Hospital
- New York??s Methodist Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Sleep Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Some Articles
Hobbies / Sports
- Concerts, Plays
Favorite professional publications
- CHEST Journal - American College of Chest Physicians
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Kaiser Permanente
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (HMO)
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (Medicare Plus)(HMO)
- Kaiser Permanente Added Choice POS
- Kaiser Permanente Flexible Choice
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus
- Kaiser Permanente Plan for Individual and Families
- Kaiser Permanente Select Deductible HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Select HAS-Qualified Health Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Signature Deductible HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HAS-Qualified Health Plan (HMO)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HMO
Dr. Sharon Ngan MD's Practice location
Panorama City, CA 91402 Get Direction
Lancaster, California 93534 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sharon Ngan MD | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sharon Ngan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Marvel Comics Supports Cody Sheehan's Captain America Campaign for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition that afflicts individuals from birth. Over the years, the prognosis of the condition has gotten far better, but at one point in time, the disease was so devastating that individuals diagnosed at birth rarely lived past childhood. Such was the case for Cody...
- New Study May Explain Mucus Issues in People with CF
As someone with cystic fibrosis, you probably sometimes have difficulty breathing. You may even know that the cause of the trouble most often relates to the mucus in your lungs. It is a clear, green, or yellow slime which causes much consternation. In the case of people with cystic fibrosis, it can...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma refers to the chronic inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. The causes for asthma differ depending on the individual. During an asthma attack, the airways become narrow, inflamed, and begin to fill with mucus. This makes breathing a difficult task, and leads to coughing and...
- Persistent and Dry Cough: What to Do?
There are two types of cough: dry and productive. When you cough and mucus or phlegm is expelled, then it is a productive cough. A dry cough, on the other hand, can be caused by a random tickle, allergy, or dry air. There are natural remedies that can be used to relieve a cough. Home Remedies for...
- What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, the malignant inflammation of the lungs, and develops as a response to an infection or infection. Recently, our understanding of the pathophysiology of this condition has improved a lot and has led to better medical interventions. Since this is one of...
- Dr. Himanshu Wickramasinghe M.D. 23928 Lyons Avenue Santa Clarita California 91321
- Dr. Stewart A. Lonky M.D. 8540 S Sepulveda Blvd Los Angeles CA 90045
- Dr. Richard G. Barbers M.D. 1520 San Pablo Street Los Angeles California 90033
- Dr. Chand Khanna M.D. 23928 Lyons Ave Santa Clarita California 91321
- Dr. Zafia Anklesaria M.D. 8568 BURTON WAY LOS ANGELES CA 90048
- Dr. Rajiv Philip MD 2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109