Dr. Julia F. Charles M.D., PH.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology4150 Clement St Box 111r San Francisco CA, 94121
Dr. Julia Charles is a rheumatologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Charles specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Charles treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
- Recurrent adverse psychiatric effects following intra-articular corticosteroid injection.
- PSTPIP2 deficiency in mice causes osteopenia and increased differentiation of multipotent myeloid precursors into osteoclasts.
- CHMP5 controls bone turnover rates by dampening NF-κB activity in osteoclasts.
- Gut microbiota induce IGF-1 and promote bone formation and growth.
- Utility of quantitative micro-computed tomographic analysis in zebrafish to define gene function during skeletogenesis.
- Gut Microbiome and Bone: to Build, Destroy, or Both?
- Mechanisms of gut microbiota-mediated bone remodeling.
- Brigham and Womens Hospital
Dr. Julia F. Charles M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94121Get Direction
Foxboro, MA 02035Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02115Get Direction
Dr. Julia F. Charles M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Charles
- Lupus Couldn't Stop Woman from 7-Month Hike
Stacey Kozel took a 2,190 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail. In this hike, she passed through 14 states, rugged terrain, and five national parks. “Iron Will” was the name her fellow hikers referred to when mentioning her.It was about three years ago that she was in a wheelchair. At 41, Kozel...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- What is Lupus Nephritis?
Lupus nephritis is inflammation of the kidney as a result of lupus or SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus). SLE is a condition whereby your organs and cells are attacked by your own immune system, making it an autoimmune disease. Approximately 60% of SLE patients are found to have lupus nephritis and...
- Actress Linda Park on Being Diagnosed with Lupus
The international renowned actress who give life to impressive and beloved characters on both television hits Bosch and Star Trek: Enterprise has shared some information on what is like to live with lupus, how it makes you more resilient to any kind of situation in life and gave some tips on how to...
- Arthritis: What Occurs Besides Joint Pain?
For some people, the only symptom associated with arthritis is painful and swollen joints. But is that all. However, arthritis is a condition that consists of 100 different types, and there are definitely more than just one or two symptoms. So, what are these other symptoms? What is arthritis?...
- What is Arthritis: Get the Facts
What is Arthritis? Who does it affect? Is it curable? Indeed people suffer because of lack of knowledge, and if only they knew what causes some diseases, they would live cautious healthy lives. So, in this article we shall answer the questions brought forth above plus the many questions you may be...
- Dr. Molly Detgen Magnano MD2100 Webster St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Pradipta Ghosh MD2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Lianne Simone Gensler M.D.University Of California San Francisco San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Brian R. Kaye M.D.2850 Telegraph Ave Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Jose C. Troncoso MD275 W MACARTHUR OAKLAND CA 94611
- Dr. Andrew J. Gross M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143