Dr. John Gerwels is a dermatologist practicing in Missoula, MT. Dr. Gerwels specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Gerwels diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1968
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Basal cell carcinomas are populated by melanocytes and Langerhans [correction of Langerhan's] cells.
- A comparison of touch imprint cytology and Mohs frozen-section histology in the evaluation of Mohs micrographic surgical margins.
- Histologic evaluation of lentigo maligna with permanent sections: implications regarding current guidelines.
- Mohs micrographic surgery.
- Treatment with Refrigerant 12.
- Letter: Hyperpigmentation of the upper part of the back.
- Microcystic adnexal carcinoma of the eyebrow and eyelid.
- Leg ulcers and purple nail beds. Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia.
- Atypical lymphoid hyperplasia of the eyelids manifesting as xanthelasma-like lesions.
- Cutaneous malignant melanoma and oculodermal melanocytosis (nevus of Ota): report of a case and review of the literature.
- Surgical pearl: Use of a sponge bolster instead of a tie-over bolster as a less invasive method of securing full-thickness skin grafts.
- Univ Tx Med Branch Hosps, Dermatology; Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U Tex Hosps
Dr. John W Gerwels MD's Practice location
Missoula, MT 59802Get Direction
Dr. John W Gerwels MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosing Jock Itch
Jock Itch is a fungal infection that attacks the surface layer of skin around the groin, buttocks and where the thighs join at the waist. Typically, it is brought about by a fungus belonging to a group called Dermatophytes. Candida Albicans, the common yeast is also known to create this...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Laser Hair Removal?
When it comes to keeping your skin smooth and hairless, laser hair removal might not be the first solution that comes to mind. It is known that laser hair removal requires more planning than simply shaving or using depilatories. However, maybe you have reached that point in your life where you are...
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
IntroductionA PUPPP rash, also known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a skin condition wherein pregnant women get a hives-like rash on their skin. These rashes or bumps are itchy and usually appear on the stomach or stretch marks during pregnancy, especially in the third...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- How Effective Are Anti-Aging Products?
It is common for people, as they get older, to desire to maintain skin that looks youthful and ageless. Many studies have shown that the best skin treatment is maintaining a healthy diet and maintaining protection from the sun. For individuals between the ages of 20-years-old and 30-years-old, the...
- Dr. Kristen J Townley MD500 West Broadway Missoula MT 59802
- Jessica Kelly Sempler M.D.500 W BROADWAY ST MISSOULA MT 59802
- Andrew R. Tegeder MD500 W Broadway St Missoula MT 59802
- Dr. Shannon Kaye Foster M.D.500 W Broadway St Missoula MT 59802
- Dr. Charlotte L Kutsch MD500 W Broadway St Missoula MT 59802
- Dr. Lark Greenwald Guss M.D.500 W BROADWAY ST MISSOULA MT 59802