Dr. Kama Guluma practices Emergency Medicine in La Jolla, CA. Dr. Guluma assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Guluma examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Columbia University, New York, NY Medical Degree
University of Michigan, Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI Other Degree
Clinical Professor Medical Degree
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Sequential pharmacotherapy with magnesium chloride and basic fibroblast growth factor after fluid percussion brain injury results in less neuromotor efficacy than that achieved with magnesium alone.
- Comparison of the post-embolization effects of tissue-plasminogen activator and simvastatin on neurological outcome in a clinically relevant rat model of acute ischemic stroke.
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, Emergency Medicine; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, General Surgery
Kama Z Guluma M.D.'s Practice location
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92103Get Direction
La Jolla, CA 92037Get Direction
Kama Z Guluma M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is actually a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Dr. Andrew P. Desjardins M.D.7901 Frost Street San Diego California 92123
- Dr. Donald J Butera MD5555 Grossmont Center Drive La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Kenneth A. Schild M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Mark Vernon Olcott MDBldg H100, Santa Margarita Road Camp Pendleton CA 92055
- Dr. Vasiliki M Anvari M.D.250 Prospect Pl Coronado CA 92118
- Dr. Laurance Davis Cracroft M.D.4077 Fifth Ave San Diego CA 92103