Dr. Michael Cassara practices Emergency Medicine in Plainview, NY. Dr. Cassara assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Cassara examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech- Old Westbury Ny 1997
College Of Osteopathic Med
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- Member North Shore-LIJ Medical Group
- Fellow AMERICAN COLLEGE OF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS
- MEMBER SOCIETY FOR ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE
- MEMBER NEW YORK STATE CHAPTER, AMERICAN COLLEGE OF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS
- MEMBER SOCIETY FOR SIMULATION IN HEALTHCARE
- MEMBER COUNCIL OF RESIDENCY DIRECTORS (EMERGENCY MEDICINE)
- North Shore Univ Hosp, Emergency Medicine
Dr. Michael Cassara DO's Practice location
Dr. Michael Cassara DO's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- Dr. Faiz Ahmed Khan MD2201 Hempstead Tpke East Meadow New York 11554
- Dr. William Shestak D.O.259 1st St Mineola NY 11501
- Dr. Todd Slesinger MDNsuh Dept Of Emergency Medicine Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. Daniel R. Ferrara D.O.1 Healthy Way Oceanside NY 11572
- Dr. Mark Su M. D.300 Community Dr Manhasset NY 11030
- Dr. Mohsinuzzaman Khan MD300 COMMUNITY DR MANHASSET NY 11030