Dr. John Sun DO
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology4870 Broad Rd Suite 3q Syracuse NY, 13215
Dr. John Sun is a gastroenterologist practicing in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Sun specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Sun performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute of Technology 1999
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2005
- MemberMedical Society of The State of New York
- Member Onondaga County Medical Society
- Member American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Member AMERICAN COLLEGE OF GASTROENTROLOGY
- Member AMERICAN GASTROENTROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital 2005
Dr. John Sun DO's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13215Get Direction
CAMILLUS, NY 13031Get Direction
Dr. John Sun DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sun
- Living in the Spotlight with Crohn's Disease
Natalie Hayden is 34, and a former TV news anchor. When she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and it changed her life. She endured multiple hospitalizations, was taking too many medications to count, and had seemingly constant flare ups. In 2015, she went in for her first surgery.Throughout her...
- Crohn's Disease Could Delay Bowel Cancer Diagnosis
Abdominal pain, frequent and recurring diarrhea, blood in the stool, and problematic bowel movements are all common symptoms for those suffering from Crohn’s disease. Unfortunately, they are also identical symptoms with those of bowel cancer, which can be one of the hardest cancers to diagnose in...
- 9 Tips to Avoid IBS Flare-Ups
If you’re suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), you already understand how disturbing and problematic flare-ups can be. The IBS signs and symptoms can range from abdominal inflation to frequent diarrhea. There are multiple effective strategies for stress management that could truly...
- What Causes Gastroenteritis?
What is Gastroenteritis?Gastroenteritis refers to an infection of the gastrointestinal tract, and leads to inflammation of the stomach and the intestines. This irritation, characterized by nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, is also known as the stomach flu. The stomach flu entails severe diarrhea,...
- What Does Dark Stool Mean?
A dark stool refers to a stool that is either black or dark red in color. You may pass dark bowel movements after consuming dark-colored foods or when an injury or bleeding is present in your gastrointestinal tract. If you pass dark or bloody stools, see your doctor immediately to rule out serious...
- How Is Hepatitis C Transmitted?
Hepatitis CHepatitis C causes inflammation of the liver. The incubation period of the hepatitis C virus is 6-7 weeks. After the incubation period, symptoms begin to show. However, approximately 80 percent of people with acute hepatitis may show no symptoms. Other types of hepatitis are hepatitis A...
- Dr. Jad Z. Bou-abdallah MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Thomas J Romano MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Sara H. Mitchell M.D.5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Young Lee MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088
- Dr. Scott A Edison MD4870 Broad Rd Syracuse NY 13215
- Dr. Robert S Epstein MD5112 W Taft Rd Liverpool NY 13088