Dr. John O Kucan MD
Plastic Surgeon2 Fair Oaks St Springfield IL, 62704
Dr. John Kucan is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Kucan specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1972
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Reconstruction of the burned foot.
- Reconstruction of the burned foot.
- Susceptibility testing of topical antibacterials against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Epinephrine spray-bottle technique for harvesting skin grafts.
- The potential benefit of 5% Sulfamylon Solution in the treatment of Acinetobacter baumannii-contaminated traumatic war wounds.
- The extended pectoralis major myocutaneous flap: uses and indications.
- Hand infections secondary to catfish spines: case reports and literature review.
- In vitro toxicity testing for antibacterials against human keratinocytes.
- Malignant acrospiroma.
- Reperfusion injury and oxygen free radicals: a review.
- The antifibrinolytic activity of sulfamylon solution.
- Local and regional recurrence of breast cancer: a perspective on detection and treatment in relation to reconstruction.
- Diabetic foot infections: fate of the contralateral foot.
- Xeroderma pigmentosum: oldest living survivor?
- A double-split gluteus maximus muscle flap for reconstruction of the rectal sphincter.
Dr. John O Kucan MD's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62704Get Direction
- Are You a Candidate for a Face lift?
What is a facelift?A face lift also known as a rhytidectomy or rhytidoplasty is a surgical procedure done to improve aging signs in the face and neck. This procedure is usually performed in on women in their 4th, 5th, or 5th decade of life.Why is a facelift done?If you are worried by facial...
- What Are the Risks of Breast Augmentation?
A majority of women do not have any severe complications after having breast implants or undergoing a breast augmentation surgery, although some do. An understanding of the possible risks and how to care for your implants is therefore very crucial.Since the decision on having a plastic surgery is...
- Alternatives Used to Treat Acne Scars
Dermal FillersDermal fillers are used to improve the appearance of scars that have recessed. Common substances that are used as fillers and injected into the scars include collagen, hyaluronic acid, and fat. However, in order to maintain this look, you need to have injections repeatedly unless you...
- Botox May Take Away Your Facial Expressions
People who receive Botox injections eliminate the ability to have clear facial expressions, according to a new study published in, Social Psychological and Personality Science. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Botulinum Toxin Type injection was the most common form...
- The Mommy Makeover
What is it?A mommy makeover also known as post pregnancy surgery is a surgical procedure carried out mainly in the abdomen and breasts in females to restore their appearance to the one before pregnancy. A traditional mommy makeover procedure includes a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, lift or...
- Considering Blephoplasty...Here's What You Need to Know
Blepharoplasty also known as eye lid surgery is a surgical procedure carried out in patients to enhance the appearance of eye lids. It can be performed in the upper eye lid, the lower eye lid or both.Why is blepharoplasty done?Blepharoplasty is done for people who need to enhance the appearance of...
- Dr. Brooke M French MD747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Margo S Herron MD747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Xinyan Huang MD1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Yevgeny Shuhatovich D.O.747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Lauren Hutchinson MD747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Michael J. Brenner MD301 N 8th St Springfield IL 62701