Dr. Donald N Tsynman MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology139 Centre St Suite 609-611 New York NY, 10013
Dr. Tsynman is a native New Yorker and joined GI Health in July 2014. Growing up in New York City, he graduated from Stuyvesant High School and went on to complete his undergraduate education at the ...
Education and Training
Stuyvesant High School High School Diploma 1999
University of Pennsylvania Bachelor of Arts 2003
St. Matthew's University School of Medicine M.D. 2008
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology- 2014
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Idiopathic hepatitis B surface antibody seroreversion after pegylated interferon alpha-2a therapy.
- Portal hypertension and ascites secondary to Erdheim Chester Disease without intrinsic liver involvement on liver biopsy.
- Sustained improvement in health-related quality of life measures in patients with inflammatory bowel disease receiving prolonged anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy.
- Novel use of EUS to successfully treat bleeding parastomal varices with N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate.
- Fellowship2Leadership Academic Travel Grant for Digestive Disease Week 2013 Salix
- Presidential Award 2012 American College of Gastroenterology
- Friars Senior Honor Society 2003 University of Pennsylvania
- Luba Zinkovsky Award of Academic Excellence 2003 University of Pennsylvania
- Award of Academic Excellence and Achievement 2004 St. Matthews University School of Medicine
- Award of Excellence in USMLE Step I and Step II Achievement 2007 KP Medical Honor Society
- Award of Academic Excellence and Achievement 2005 St. Matthews University School of Medicine
- OSCE Resident Performance Award 2008 Drexel University School of Medicine
- Award of Achievement in Tutoring and School Service 2005 St. Matthews University School of Medicine
- Senator Robert C. Byrd National Honors Scholarship 1999 NHS
- Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Ph (acid Measurement) Studies
- H. Pylori Testing
- Breath Testing
- Hydrogen Breath Test
- Lactose Breath Testing
- Hemorrhoidal Treatment And Procedures
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- Medical Weight Loss
- Upper Endoscopy
- Ph Test For Gerd
- Professional Member American Gastroenterology Association 2008
- Professional Member American College of Gastroenterology 2008
- Professional Member American College of Physicians 2004
- Professional Member American Medical Students Association 2004 - 2008
- Professional Member American Association for the Study of Liver Disease
- Professional Member American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Professional Member New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- University of Rochester Medical Center in New York Gastroenterology & Hepatology 2014
- Digestive Disease WeekClinical Experience in Double-Balloon Enteroscopy At a US Tertiary Medical Center2014
- Journal of Digestive DiseasesSustained improvement in health-related quality of life measures in patients with IBD . . . 2014
- Gastrointestinal EndoscopyNovel use of EUS to successfully treat bleeding parastomal varices with N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate2014
- Digestive and Liver Disease JournalPortal hypertension and ascites secondary2013
- Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver DiseasesIdiopathic Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Seroreversion after Pegylated Interferon Alpha-2a Therapy2013
- UR Dept of Gastroenterology and American Gastroenterology AssociationNutrition Education Module for Gastroenterology Fellows2012
- Gastrointestinal Clinics of North AmericaTreatment of IBS in Women: A Comprehensive Review2011
- American College of GastroenterologyUpper Gastrointestinal Malignancy in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis—Are Current Screening . . . .2013
- American College of GastroenterologyComplications of Multiple Sclerosis in Association with Adalimumab Therapy2013
- American College of GastroenterologySampling (WATS-3D) Brush Biopsy as an Adjunct to Forceps Biopsy (FB) . . . 2013
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Attending Physician2014New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Clinical Instructor of Medicine2014Weill Cornell Medical School
- Assistant Attending Physician2014Mount Sinai Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Donald N Tsynman MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10013Get Direction
New York, NY 10028Get Direction
Dr. Donald N Tsynman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tsynman
- Daniel .
thorough, genuinely interested in health and well-being .
- Daniela .
excellent service and easy to talk to .
- Damian b.
great advise,quick and informative.
- M. p.
Professional service and nice environment.
- Kam .
- Kam c.
Dr. Tsynman doesn't treat me as a patient but treat as family. He has very good patience and is a good listener. He's wonderful to suggestions on my health..
very helpful and thorough. thank you..
- Sarah p.
Friendly and informative, made me feel comfortable and ensured preventative measures were taken..
- J. w.
Great bedside manners and easy to talk to.
- Terry b.
It was a great experience! I feel confident in my diagnosis..
- Elif b.
- D. g.
- Natalia f.
Very good Doctor, very friendly..
- Sandra a.
Excellent service! .
- Peter t.
Thoughtful and considerate. .
- Andrew g.
Painless and professional.
- Julia r.
i think it is great seeing the GI doctor Tysynman he is an excellent doctor .
- Nuruddin p.
An excellent and prompt experience!.
- Yesenia m.
- Jesus s.
- J. m.
- Yuliya t.
- D. j.
- Ying z.
Doctor was affectionate and Was willing to help patients get through their regular check ups quickly..
- Aracely m.
Very pleasant and explicit. I felt very comfortable and he was welcoming..
- Dianna l.
Awesome doctor who was very kind and funny.
- S. e.
Prompt but thorough .
Visit to Dr. Tsynam.
Great Experience .
- Ben s.
I saw Li today, he was excellent..
- Zoraida b.
Great experience overall.
- Yahaira n.
- G. c.
All staff and Dr Donald were very caring! .
Long Wait Time But Cheerful Staff.
- Erica m.
- Gaby v.
- D. n.
- D. b.
Wonderful experience and very pleasant physician .
- S. s.
Wonderful experience .
- Naajila j.
My first doctor visit.
- Diaqna t.
Overall very good.
Overall Good Experience.
- Savannah .
So comforting and helpful.
- Oneil j.
Exceptional service from the moment you walk in to the moment you meet the doctor..
- Nathan a.
Great and Caring Doctor.
- Lindsay b.
Great Experience With Dr. Tsynman .
- Jessica b.
Great Bedside Manner.
Willing to discuss issues with patients.
Dr. Tysnman is very personable and professional.+ Show More
- What Are the Symptoms of Diarrhea?
Frequent bowel movement characterized by loose and watery stools is referred to as diarrhea. In simple terms, it is exactly opposite to constipation and this condition is very common. It is not very serious and can be treated by simple home remedies and over-the-counter medications. Diarrhea may be...
- Celiac Disease: Five New Developments to Know About
When you have celiac disease or one of your family members has the disease, caution should always be taken so as not to trigger the pain and other complications that might be brought by the emergence of this disease. Since celiac disease has no known medication yet, a total abstinence from any food...
- What is the Best Diet Plan for Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease characterized by inflammation and ulcer formation in the lining of the large intestine, including the colon and rectum. This condition together with other diseases of the large intestine, like Crohn’s disease, is referred to inflammatory bowel disease. These...
- Research Uncovers Bacterial Enzyme Responsible for Crohn's Disease Development
Research in several different medical fields—most notably including mental health and autoimmune disease—have begun to trace the roots of their problems back to an unlikely source. Mental health disorders like depression and anxiety, and autoimmune disorders like Crohn’s disease, have been...
- The Gut-Brain Connection: How Does Celiac Disease Affect the Brain?
Celiac Shows Itself in Mysterious WaysCeliac disease, a genetic autoimmune disease triggered by the consumption of gluten, is known for causing intestinal inflammation and an upset stomach, with symptoms like bloating and diarrhea. Though it only affects an estimated one percent of the population, a...
- Samantha Irby Laughs Because She Refuses to Cry
Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's and Colitis affect over 1.6 million Americans and nearly 100,000 more people are diagnosed with IBD each year. Like many other diseases, IBD does not discriminate based on age or gender. It is commonly seen that younger adults are more like to be diagnosed...
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD60 East End Avenue New York NY 10028
- Dr. George Abdelsayed MD355 Bard Street Staten Island NY 10310
- Dr. Hormoz Mohtashemi MD516 Hamburg Tpk Wayne New Jersey 7470
- Rupa K. Sharma M.D.232 E 30h St New York New York 10016
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD NY 11235