Dr. Abdallah Elias practices Genetic Medicine in Missoula, MT. As a geneticist, Dr. Elias performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Elias carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Population dynamics of a heterogeneous Borrelia burgdorferi B31 strain in an experimental mouse-tick infectious cycle.
- Plasmid stability during in vitro propagation of Borrelia burgdorferi assessed at a clonal level.
- An enhanced GFP reporter system to monitor gene expression in Borrelia burgdorferi.
- Outer-surface protein C of the Lyme disease spirochete: a protein induced in ticks for infection of mammals.
- Borrelia burgdorferi sigma54 is required for mammalian infection and vector transmission but not for tick colonization.
- Confirmation of 6q21-6q22.1 deletion in acro-cardio-facial syndrome and further delineation of this contiguous gene deletion syndrome.
- The Shodair Medical Genetics Department--recent past and future developments.
Dr. Abdallah F Elias M.D.'s Practice location
Missoula, MT 59802Get Direction
HELENA, MT 59601Get Direction
Dr. Abdallah F Elias M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Neurofibromatosis?
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects the development of nerve cells and tissues in the body, leading to the formation of tumors in different parts of the nervous system. These tumors, also known as neurofibromas, may develop in the brain, spinal cord, along the nerves, or under the...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...