Dr. Christine Bessett is a board certified pediatrician practicing in Orlando, FL. Dr. Bessett is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children and newborns. As a pediatrician, Dr. Bessett diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Bessett can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of her patients. Dr. Bessett works at both Arnold Palmer Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital with the Private Hospitalist Service (PHS), a division of Mednax Medical Group of Florida, Pediatrix. Dr. Bessett and her partners provide excellent service to all of their patients (and parents), have strong leadership, and embrace the "patient first" culture.
Education and Training
University of New England DO 2012
Orlando Health Pediatric Residency Pediatrician 2015
American Board of Pediatrics
Christine L. Bessett DO's Expert Contributions
Are you concerned that your newborn is ill or has a fever?A fever in a young infant (<2 months of age) can be a serious infection. If your infant feels warm or isn't acting well, unbundle them and check their temperature.What is the best way to check an infants temperature?A Rectal temperature is...
Not all hospitalists are internists. This depends on what hospital you are at and their requirements. Practicing community physicians may have agreement/rights to see patients in the hospitals as well. It all depends on the hospital you will be attending. I hope this helps. Good luck with your stay. READ MORE
- Sigma Sigma Phi 2010 UNECOM
- Leading Physician of the World & Top Pediatric Hospitalist in Florida 2018 The International Association of Healthcare Professionals
- Birth Defects
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Florida Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her ambition and her drive. She loves pediatrics.
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling , Spending time with family
Favorite professional publications
- Pediatrics in Review
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children ( Orlando, FL )
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies ( Orlando, FL )
Christine L. Bessett DO's Practice location
Orlando, Fl 32806Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Christine L. Bessett DO | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Christine L. Bessett DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Veteran Suffering from Parkinson’s Gets New Home
Army Staff Sgt. Joe Davis is a survivor. He survived tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now, Davis is a survivor who has Parkinson’s disease. For 11 years, Sgt. Davis served his county, planned to retire after 20 years and become a police officer. His dreams changed, however, when he was forced...
- Lupus Patients are at Greater Risk of Heart Disease
Lupus is an unpredictable, multi-organ disease, and in some it may have milder course characterized by skin rashes or muscular aches, while in others it may start abruptly with predominant symptoms of some serious illness. It is not uncommon for lupus patients to present with the symptoms of kidney...
- Night Sweats and Lymphoma
LymphomaLymphoma is a type of cancer that begins in the lymphatic system, particularly in the disease-fighting immune cells called lymphocytes. These cells are found in the bone marrow, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen, and other parts of the body. In lymphoma, lymphocytes are altered and tend to...
- What Are the Different Types of Psoriatic Arthritis?
Psoriatic arthritis is a type of inflammatory arthritis that affects people with psoriasis. Psoriasis is a skin condition characterized by inflammation of the skin with dry, silvery scales. Psoriatic arthritis affects about 10% to 30% of people with psoriasis. This condition usually occurs between...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Elena Mirela Gabor M.D.4106 W Lake Mary Blvd Lake Mary FL 32746
- Dr. Jauvid Behram Ayadi M.D.9400 Turkey Lake Rd Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Prakash Popat Kalan M.D.9400 Turkey Lake Rd Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Suhan Li MD4401 S Orange Avenue Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Matthew A Seibel MD1033 Dr Martin Luther King Jr St N Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Arnold W Fleischmann M.D.41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805