Joshua J Short MD.PH.D
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery619 19th St S Birmingham AL, 35249
Dr. Joshua Short practices Pediatric Surgery in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Short treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Shortdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Joshua J Short MD.PH.D's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55404Get Direction
Joshua J Short MD.PH.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Short
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Dr. Obinna O Adibe M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Beverly Ellen Chaignaud MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Scott A Anderson M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Tate Richard Nice M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Carroll M Harmon MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Oliver hans-josef Hans-josef Muensterer MD, PHD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233