Dr. Carl Chelen MD
Pediatrician | Pediatric Critical Care Medicine901 E Cheves St Suite 400 Florence SC, 29506
Dr. Carl Chelen is a pediatrician practicing in Florence, SC. Dr. Chelen is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Chelen diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Chelen can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Pa State Univ Coll Of Med- Hershey Pa 1988
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Penn St U Hp-M S Hershey Mc, Pediatrics
- Penn St University Hp M S Hershey Mc
Dr. Carl Chelen MD's Practice location
Florence, SC 29506Get Direction
Dr. Carl Chelen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chelen
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- How to Prevent Neonatal Jaundice
Jaundice is also described as hyperbilirubinemia, which is a very common condition that occurs in newborns within 2 to 4 days after they’re born. It results from an excessive amount of bilirubin, which is a waste product produced by the breakdown of red blood cells. Fully mature livers are capable...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- Cold vs. Allergy: How to Tell the Difference
It is very common to assume that anyone with the sniffles is contagious. Very often, however, those sniffles are not linked to anything contagious at all--they can be related to other factors. The first thought of many individuals when they suffer from a runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing, or...
- How to Help Your Child Stick to Cystic Fibrosis Treatment
If your child is diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, you are likely to have a lot of questions and concerns. Will my child be able to have a normal life? Can I help my child get the best possible care? A child with CF can still go to school, play sports, and do regular stuff just like the other...
- Dr. Richard L. Rogers M.D.1001 W Sumter St Florence SC 29501
- Dr. Charles M Jordan MD204 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Christopher Thomas Bardi M.D.1530 Mcclure Court Florence SC 29505
- Dr. Efrain A. Sanchez-rivera M.D.3322 Melrose Rd Fayetteville NC 28304
- Dr. Karen R Hill MD204 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506
- Dr. Alva Weaver Whitehead MD204 E Cheves St Florence SC 29506