Dr. Stacy Tricia Tanaka M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology4102 Doctors Office Tower 2200 Children's Way Nashville TN, 37232
Dr. Stacy Tanaka practices Pediatric Urology in Nashville, TN. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Tanaka is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Tanaka performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca 2001
University of California 2001
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Is bladder biopsy necessary at three or six months post BCG therapy?
- Pediatric urologic conditions, including urinary infections.
- Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells: current and future applications in the urinary bladder.
- Commentary to "History and physical examination findings predictive of testicular torsion: an attempt to promote clinical diagnosis by house staff".
- Risk factors associated with chronic kidney disease in patients with posterior urethral valves without prenatal hydronephrosis.
- Editorial comment.
- The aging pediatric urology patient: obstacles and opportunities in transition care.
- Observation of patients with vesicoureteral reflux off antibiotic prophylaxis: physician bias on patient selection and risk factors for recurrent febrile urinary tract infection.
- Use of validated bladder/bowel dysfunction questionnaire in the clinical pediatric urology setting.
- Incidence of abnormal imaging and recurrent pyelonephritis after first febrile urinary tract infection in children 2 to 24 months old.
- Analysis of an intervention to reduce parental anxiety prior to voiding cystourethrogram.
- Long-term follow-up of children who underwent severe hypospadias repair using an online survey with validated questionnaires.
- Bullying and lower urinary tract symptoms: why the pediatric urologist should care about school bullying.
- Transition of urologic patients from pediatric to adult care: a preliminary assessment of readiness in spina bifida patients.
- Diagnosis of constipation does not correlate with trans-abdominal ultrasound of rectal distention.
- To tell or not: parental thoughts on disclosure of urologic surgery to their child.
- Editorial Comment.
- Modulation of the rat micturition reflex with transcutaneous ultrasound.
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Univ Ca Davis Health System, Urology
Dr. Stacy Tricia Tanaka M.D.'s Practice location
Nashville, TN 37232Get Direction
Dr. Stacy Tricia Tanaka M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tanaka
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Dr. Douglass Brooks Clayton MD2200 Childrens Way Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Benjamin Whittam MD705 Riley Hospital Drive Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. John Pope MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Mark Adams MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. John Brock MD3601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Herbert Victor Braren MD329 Twenty-First Av N Nashville TN 37203