James J Milavetz MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease5979 Fashion Blvd Salt Lake City UT, 84107
Dr. James Milavetz is a cardiologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Milavetz specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Milavetz also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1989
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and glycosuria.
- Semantic priming in thought disordered schizophrenic patients.
- Identification of simple substituted phenols with thyromimetic activity: cardiac
- Survival after myocardial infarction in rats: captopril versus losartan.
- Accuracy of single-photon emission computed tomography myocardial perfusion imaging in patients with stents in native coronary arteries.
James J Milavetz MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84107Get Direction
MANKATO, MN 56001Get Direction
James J Milavetz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Milavetz
- Natural Trans Fats May Not Negatively Affect Your Heart
Trans fats can be classified as natural and man-made. Natural trans fats are found in beef, pork, lamb, and dairy products. Man-made trans fats are used to increase the shelf life of many products, and these fats are found to increase the risk of heart disease and clogging the arteries. According to...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- What is Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation refers to irregular heart rhythm with rapid heartbeat that affect the blood flow in the body. In this condition, the irregular heartbeat starts in the upper chambers of the heart, the atria. The irregularity in the heart beat results from the problem in the electrical system of...
- What is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects several systems of our body. SLE is also known as discoid lupus or disseminated lupus erythematosus. How common is SLE? Out of all the types of lupus, SLE is the most common form. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a very common...
- How Atrial Fibrillation Is Diagnosed
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a condition that disrupts the heart's functions, specifically the heart rate or rhythm. Symptoms can be intermittent, persistent, or permanent in nature, and in some instances they disappear on their own, while other forms require medication to restore normal heart...
- How to Control Your Sodium Levels
A recent CDC report shows that many of the foods used in restaurants and foods sold in grocery stores have the potential to increase sodium levels in the body when consumed. Breads and rolls were noted to be the most important culprits among the variety of foods that do this. Some foods that...
- Toby Paulson D.O.1175 E 50 S AMERICAN FORK UT 84003
- Rex A Outtrim MD3584 W 9000 S West Jordan UT 84088
- Nandita Chaturvedi Gupta M.D.324 Tenth Ave Salt Lake City UT 84103
- Steven A Rokeach MD5810 Fashion Blvd Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Abdallah G Kfoury MD400 C ST SALT LAKE CITY UT 84143
- Michael Adjei-poku MD3584 W 9000 S West Jordan UT 84088