James J Milavetz MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1025 MARSH ST MANKATO MN, 56001
Dr. James Milavetz is a cardiologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Milavetz specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Milavetz also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1989
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and glycosuria.
- Semantic priming in thought disordered schizophrenic patients.
- Identification of simple substituted phenols with thyromimetic activity: cardiac
- Survival after myocardial infarction in rats: captopril versus losartan.
- Accuracy of single-photon emission computed tomography myocardial perfusion imaging in patients with stents in native coronary arteries.
James J Milavetz MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84107Get Direction
MANKATO, MN 56001Get Direction
James J Milavetz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Milavetz
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- What Are the Best Ways to Lower Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure above 140/90 mm Hg is considered hypertension, and is one of the most prevalent and preventable conditions. High blood pressure is one of the causes of about 15% of deaths in the country, and also increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Not to mention the risks of aneurysms,...
- What is Left-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Left-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure means your heart is not able to work as well as it once did.Left-sided congestive failure is a critical condition in which the left side of the heart doesn’t pump blood efficiently. It is unable to meet the body’s metabolic needs,...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Ventricular Tachycardia?
Tachycardia refers to rapid heartbeat, with more than 100 beats per minute. When this fast rhythm starts from the lower chambers of the heart (the ventricles) this condition is referred to as ventricular tachycardia. This fast beating heart rate may lead to a condition called ventricular...