Dr. Monisha N Goyal MD
Neurologist | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Monisha Goyal practices Neuropathology in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Goyal studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1991
Shandong Medical College
- Washington University- Pediatrics 1992
- Mercy Hospital (St Louis) Program
- Washington University- Pediatric Neurology 1993
- University of Pittsburgh 1997
- University of Pittsburgh- Clinical Neurophysiology 1996
Dr. Monisha N Goyal MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Monisha N Goyal MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Goyal
- Life Hacks to Make Alzheimer’s Care Easier
Being the caretaker of someone with Alzheimer’s is challenging, depressing, and sometimes exasperating. As a caregiver, you wear many hats. You are a nurse with skills to fix bumps and bruises, a housekeeper to clean up messes, and a doctor with knowledge about medical conditions. In addition, you...
- A Better Treatment Approach for Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis?
Relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) is an aggressive, rapidly debilitating form of multiple sclerosis. Individuals with this type of MS experience deterioration at a quicker rate than other forms, and don’t have as many treatment options. In terms of treatment for all types of MS, the...
- What is the Difference Between Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia?
Dementia is a brain disorder that affects communication and causes difficulty in performing daily tasks. Alzheimer’s disease, on the other hand, affects the parts of the brain that control language, thought, and memory, and it is a specific form of dementia.Though dementia and Alzheimer’s...
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatments Are Becoming More Effective, but Are Underfunded
Multiple sclerosis is considered a relatively rare disease, but a recent MS guideline published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence stated that with more than 400,000 cases in the US alone, MS has become the leading cause of physical disability in working age adults.Although...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- What are the Symptoms of Alzheimer 's Disease?
Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive disease characterized by impairment of mental functions, including memory, reasoning, language, and perception. This condition is found to be very common among people above 85-years-old and the chances of developing Alzheimer’s increases after 70-years-old....
- Dr. William E. Lievens M.D.4225 Narrow Lane Road Montgomery Alabama 36111
- Hisham Hakim MDMPH7500 Hugh Daniel Drive Birmingham Alabama 35242
- Dr. Toby Gropen MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Paul Andrew Sykes M.D., PH.D.52 Medical Park Drive E Birmingham AL 35235
- Xiaosi Han MD.PHD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Mohammad Alsharabati MD16761 Southpark Ctr Strongsville OH 44136