Dr. Monisha N Goyal MD
Neurologist | Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Monisha Goyal practices Neuropathology in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Goyal studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1991
Shandong Medical College
- Washington University- Pediatrics 1992
- Mercy Hospital (St Louis) Program
- Washington University- Pediatric Neurology 1993
- University of Pittsburgh 1997
- University of Pittsburgh- Clinical Neurophysiology 1996
Dr. Monisha N Goyal MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Monisha N Goyal MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Goyal
- An In-Depth Look At How Alzheimer's Affects the Brain
The brain's structure is made up of billions of neurons that connect to each other. These connections have stored the memories and abilities we gain during our lifetime. Every day, countless electrical impulses, called synapses, are transmitted through these connections, which make up basically...
- Dementia Patient Strives to Remain Positive and Active, Despite Early Diagnosis
It’s early morning at the local grocery store. To the few people who are getting their shopping done at this time of day, Laurie Scherrer looks like any other regular person who is busy crossing items off her shopping list. The truth is that Laurie is getting her groceries done before the...
- The ABCs of Gratitude: Reflections of a Multiple Sclerosis Warrior
Sometimes, it can be difficult to be grateful. Instead, it’s easier to get bogged down by the negatives, and ignore that there are still beautiful positives in life. It is especially easy for this to occur when chronic health issues are in the picture, but Teresa Wright-Johnson decided she would...
- The Easiest Ways to Relieve MS Discomfort
Are you suffering from MS pain and discomfort? You are not alone. More than 50% of individuals with MS experience pain at some point in their lives. MS pain and discomfort varies from individual to individual and it can change over time. The impact that such symptoms can have on your quality of...
- The Symptoms of MS That are Difficult to Describe
If you are suffering from MS, then there may be symptoms that you experience on a day-to-day basis, or perhaps just occasionally. However, with a few of these symptoms, it is not so easy to put a name to them or even try to describe them to others. This can be difficult due to your cognitive...
- New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment, Ocrevus, Slows Down Disease Progression
In 2017, the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) approved the drug – Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) – as a treatment for both relapsing and progressive forms of multiple sclerosis. ...
- Hisham Hakim MDMPH7500 Hugh Daniel Drive Birmingham Alabama 35242
- Dr. William E. Lievens M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Toby Gropen MD619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249
- Dr. Paul Andrew Sykes M.D., PH.D.52 Medical Park Drive E Birmingham AL 35235
- Dr. Zeenat Jaisani MD619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249
- Dr. Cheryl A Palmer MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233