Dr. Vardhini Desikan M.D
Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology755 N Broadway Suite 400 Tarrytown NY, 10591
Dr. Vardhini Desikan is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Tarrytown, NY. Dr. Desikan specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
Sri Ramachandra Medical College And Research Institute MD
Sri Ramachandra Medical College And Research Institute 2004
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- State University of New York - Pediatric Endocrinology 2005
Dr. Vardhini Desikan M.D's Practice location
Tarrytown, NY 10591Get Direction
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- Link Found Between Hormone Therapies and Diabetes Among Transgender Patients
Transgender Patients and Recent Studies Relating to DiabetesThose who are having issues with diabetes already know what issues can be faced, in the present and down the road. Knowing when to seek help for these issues is challenging enough, but those who are transgender already face many more...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- Dr. Rubina A. Heptula M.D.3415 Bainbridge Avenue New York New York 10467
- Dr. Zoltan Antal MD3450 Wayne Ave Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Molly Oliver Regelmann MD3415 BAINBRIDGE AVE BRONX NY 10467
- Dr. Rachelle Grace Gandica M.D.1150 Saint Nicholas Ave New York NY 10032
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Damore MD701 N BROADWAY SLEEPY HOLLOW NY 10591
- Dr. Michael Novogroder M.D.704 Palisade Ave Teaneck NJ 07666